Concept Evaluation Vehicle (Rescue)

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
GrannySmith

Concept Evaluation Vehicle (Rescue)

Post by GrannySmith »

A few photo's of the Concept Evaluation Vehicle (rescue) that we have been trialling for the last 6 weeks.
Good appliance to replace the rescue trailer that quite a few brigades are still running.
A few little adjustments with the positioning of gear in the lockers and it would be all good for us.

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Concept Evaluation Vehicle (Rescue)

Post by Zebedee »

Lookin' good!

Does it get to go play on firegrounds as well? I would assume it behaves like any operational appliance, otherwise how are you meant to test it? :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
GrannySmith

Post by GrannySmith »

Yes we have used it on 4 jobs. 3 road crash rescue & back up for a structure fire. Structure fire was to transport 4 BA wearers & use the lighting it was not required for pumping.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

How much water does it carry?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
GrannySmith

Post by GrannySmith »

400 litres & that's due to it being very close to maximum weight.
interference

Post by interference »

Yep, this 1.4Rescue has done the Margaret River Region, Donnybrook and will continue it's tour of WA for evaluation, especially up North. One thing it could do with though is the relocation of antenna to the top of the light stem or similar Clark mast. As it will be a rural appliance, it would be nice for it to be able to communicate with incoming appliances, definitely Rescue 65 on UHF, and the digital network that is coming. As it will be a volly unit, I imagine someone could be put in charge of comms at a RCR incident.
Oh and GrannySmith, if I remember correctly, the 1.4Rescue was used to transport your BA wearers as your battery was flat in your appliances?? :oops: =D>

P.S. My understanding is you can't completely fill this appliance up ( or any of the 1.4's ) as it will put them over their allowable weight.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

interference wrote:My understanding is you can't completely fill this appliance up ( or any of the 1.4's ) as it will put them over their allowable weight.

just these ones ?

or all 1.4 cause we always fill ours to the brim our is a 1.4 rural

kyeboi
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

interference wrote:P.S. My understanding is you can't completely fill this appliance up ( or any of the 1.4's ) as it will put them over their allowable weight.
No DFES vehicles are ever loaded above the maximum weight. That would be illegal and definitely not be done.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
GrannySmith

Post by GrannySmith »

interference you are correct with our appliance having a battery issue. Battery wasn't flat though one of the batteries had killed itself. So no chance of getting the pump going so why not take the 1.4 rescue. :lol:

Also the tank on the rescue appliance has a maximum fill of 400lt.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Nafenn wrote:
interference wrote:P.S. My understanding is you can't completely fill this appliance up ( or any of the 1.4's ) as it will put them over their allowable weight.
No DFES vehicles are ever loaded above the maximum weight. That would be illegal and definitely not be done.
Series 1 HSR - now has reduced water capacity and restricted crew due to them been overloaded.
Series 2 HSR - now has reduced water capacity, reduced foam capacity and reduced crew capacity due to them been overloaded.
SES Troop Carriers - has restricted number of personal they can carry (depending on model), and specified positions for the crew due to them been over loaded (I beleive this has only recently just been implemented in the last few months).
The first of the 12.2 was delayed due to it been built overloaded.

Unfortunately some DFES vehicles have been overloaded for some time, and in several instances have been designed and sent into service overweight. Saying that it would appear the current management structure is addressing these serious issues and putting procedures in place, such as reducing water capacity, instead of leaving it alone.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

observer wrote:Unfortunately some DFES vehicles have been overloaded for some time, and in several instances have been designed and sent into service overweight.
I think NaFenn's comment was meant to be wrapped in [sarcasm] tags if the board system had such a thing ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Zebedee wrote:
observer wrote:Unfortunately some DFES vehicles have been overloaded for some time, and in several instances have been designed and sent into service overweight.
I think NaFenn's comment was meant to be wrapped in [sarcasm] tags if the board system had such a thing ;)
Your words, not mine - I would get in trouble for saying or inferring such a thing in a public forum.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

i don't know why they don't just upgrade the suspension on all emergency vehicles

I know they already ''beef up'' the LTs
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS