The Ugly Duckling

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

The Ugly Duckling

Post by Matt. »

Isuzu medium pumpers X 11 (AR 1969 ) These pumpers were imported complete, other than hose, ex Japan. Fitted with Morita semi self-priming pumps and overdrive synchro-mesh gear box. Two were placed into country permanent stations. They were considered to be a stopgap appliance.

At the time, as the story goes WA was having issues getting Dennis Fire Appliances so some nice Japanese men came over measured up the Dennis fire appliance that were in service at that time and before you can spell karaoke (well 8 months in fact) the first one of these turned up.

Now I get around a bit and have not even heard a whiff of another of these I have been told there is one other but it is in very bad repair, the very nice people at Byford Volunteer Fire Brigade used this truck many years ago and it was used as a rural fire appliance for many years , in fact it was even yellow, it has since as you can see been lovingly restored by the brigade and is a real testimonial to the brigades love of the appliance, thanks for letting me take pics of so a unique vehicle.

I am waiting for a pic of it in yellow.

Despite the name of this thread I find the vehicle both beautiful and intriguing , almost a work of art , very happy with this find.

MORE IMAGES HERE
Last edited by Matt. on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Re: The Ugly Duckling

Post by WPXZBP »

Nice!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Like how the siren reads "Osaka"
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

I like how the front bumper is off the 96 - 07 F series Isuzu truck. Looks like its ment to be there!
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

TLD11 wrote:I like how the front bumper is off the 96 - 07 F series Isuzu truck. Looks like its ment to be there!
haha good spot. how would they control bar
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

The Ugly Duckling

Post by Matt. »

Very good spot in fact original bar was smaller and chrome
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

This is an image provided by Byford (thanks guys) shows the tuck in use before the restoration , here it carries 2000ltrs water.