WARSUG top poster

[WF] Odds and Sods, Out n About No.4

Post by written_ficton »

WAPOL Training Vehicles

TK109 [Damn camera wouldn't focus!]

JC107 Road Block

Foresnic Van

WHY! Is all I have to say... Illegal anyhow

Last edited by written_ficton on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL 101

Re: [WF] Odds and Sods, Out n About No.4

Post by HL 101 »

WF, the vehicle at the road block is JC 107 :)

Great picture :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Yes your correct - will amend.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Great pics.

all that I30 needs now is some oversize mudflaps, some chrome truck exhausts and oh heck, a huge sick spoiler.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

dlcat1 wrote:Great pics.

all that I30 needs now is some oversize mudflaps, some chrome truck exhausts and oh heck, a huge sick spoiler.
and 5in lift, transfer case, diff locks, uhf, rear diffs and you got a 4x4 hatch that would die 1st day offroad

has that training car got is R/B lights on?
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

2nd picture they have, not the first.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

just out of curiosity are you a ranger W_F
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

I think WT203 is being used for driver training. I've spotted it many times over the past couple of months roaming around South Perth. Both normal and priority driving.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I believe we are seeing more and more of them on the road as they now do the priority driving on 'live' roads. Makes sense, get them to feel what they have to put up with on some idiots that drive on the roads.
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

[WF] Odds and Sods, Out n About No.4

Post by Matt. »

I work at Welshpool and over the last few weeks these guys have been running priority in many cars almost every 2nd and 3rd day being new had me wondering what was going on.

Matt
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

BTW the white commodore behind the forensic van is a local detective vehicle...
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

written_ficton wrote:I believe we are seeing more and more of them on the road as they now do the priority driving on 'live' roads. Makes sense, get them to feel what they have to put up with on some idiots that drive on the roads.
I personally think this is ridiculous. How would you be if your were driving along, a police vehicle comes through an intersection lights and sirens, you stop at a green light but the car behind you is still watching the green light and rear ends you. You end up injured and your prized car smashed. You find out that police was not responding to an emergency just 'training' how pissed would you be.
Also how do they get insurance to cover it.
yorky

Post by yorky »

I knew that comment would come along and I agree to a certain extent.

Whilst not turning this into a live training run argument, the simple fact is we are going to meet emergency vehicles at one time or another its not like its something new.

The positive side is they are run very carefully, I've encountered three times in the field over the past few months where they have passed by in WT20x, every time with great care and there would be a trainer in the car directing I'd imagine.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Robo wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I believe we are seeing more and more of them on the road as they now do the priority driving on 'live' roads. Makes sense, get them to feel what they have to put up with on some idiots that drive on the roads.
I personally think this is ridiculous. How would you be if your were driving along, a police vehicle comes through an intersection lights and sirens, you stop at a green light but the car behind you is still watching the green light and rear ends you. You end up injured and your prized car smashed. You find out that police was not responding to an emergency just 'training' how pissed would you be.
Also how do they get insurance to cover it.
Hate to spoil you, but when they approach a red light they switch of the lights and sirens and await a green light. BTW - if a vehilce runs up from behind you, its there fault
yorky

Post by yorky »

written_ficton wrote:Hate to spoil you, but when they approach a red light they switch of the lights and sirens and await a green light. BTW - if a vehilce runs up from behind you, its there fault
Are you 100% this is their operating procedure? The last time I saw one was only a couple of weeks ago coming off Leech Hwy, made good use of switching from wail to yelp (although why bother with the dual tone), red light turning onto Manning road then switching between wail and yelp and dual through the next two intersections.

WT209 from memory that night while I was in a restaurant car park. Was only travelling at the speed limit'ish when in sight of me though.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator