CHOGM - random Pics

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: CHOGM - random Pics

Post by dlcat1 »

The little helo (Squirrel??) in the second pic is NSW. The Dauphin? helo in the top pic looks very much like the VicPol helos except I'm certain they don't have the red and white band.

Congrats on such interesting pics.
Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma »

dlcat1 wrote:The little helo (Squirrel??) in the second pic is NSW. The Dauphin? helo in the top pic looks very much like the VicPol helos except I'm certain they don't have the red and white band.
The NSW PolAir 1 is indeed Eurocopter Single Squirrel. The helo with the red/white bands is indeed VicPol. Their Dauphins are used as air ambulances in a secondary role hence the shared markings/decals.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Bad Karma wrote:
dlcat1 wrote:The little helo (Squirrel??) in the second pic is NSW. The Dauphin? helo in the top pic looks very much like the VicPol helos except I'm certain they don't have the red and white band.
The NSW PolAir 1 is indeed Eurocopter Single Squirrel. The helo with the red/white bands is indeed VicPol. Their Dauphins are used as air ambulances in a secondary role hence the shared markings/decals.
Cool, I've never seen the VicPol chopper close enough to see the markings, although get to see and hear the HEMS ones every other day. Love the sound of the fenestron tail :)
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but isn't that the same NSW POLAIR 1 that was in a previous topic. Taken over in NSW. It was being used for a search of some sort. Good coincedence if it is.
Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma »

muzza333 wrote:Someone correct me if Im wrong, but isn't that the same NSW POLAIR 1 that was in a previous topic. Taken over in NSW. It was being used for a search of some sort. Good coincedence if it is.
As there is only one marked as PolAir 1 then it's safe to safe it is. With the exception of PolAir 5 (FireAir 1) and 6 (plane) all NSW choppers currently display their callsign (1 through to 4).
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

written_ficton wrote:edit - are those WAPOL transit Vans in the background? Never seen them before, are they new?

Yes they are WAPol vehicles. Used for PORG officers. Highly doubt they will keep them in commission... Just like the 50+ white ford territory's used by CPP drivers...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

robbage wrote:Independent is spelled the same in USA, which is why they have Independence Day and not Independance Day.
I always wondered why they put the day and month backwards for dates except for the 4th of July :-k
I may well be wrong and would love to be told if someone knows different, but I wonder if it might be because it makes for better indexing. If you run ddmmyyyy, consecutive days dont sort in order. Rather, you get 01June2006, 01March.... then 02 June somewhere further down. Running yyyymmdd fixes this.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

dlcat1 wrote:I may well be wrong and would love to be told if someone knows different, but I wonder if it might be because it makes for better indexing. If you run ddmmyyyy, consecutive days dont sort in order. Rather, you get 01June2006, 01March.... then 02 June somewhere further down. Running yyyymmdd fixes this.
That would be a fair statement if they used year first, but they use mmddyyyy which makes it very messy for sorting algorythms. This is way off topic so I'm zipping it :)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Because in the USA they used to use the 'Normal' DD/MM/YYYY up the late 90's early 20's (reference needed, cant find it on wiki, but im sure i have read it)

4th of July was when they used the old style, September 11 is when they used the odd style.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

The two HP's are fitted with Decon showers. Look just above the lockers

There were being used at a CHOGM excersize that I took the cadets to.
----BUDDAH VFRS----