[WF] CHOGM 2011 *HI RES* WAPOL

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

[WF] CHOGM 2011 *HI RES* WAPOL

Post by written_ficton »

Quite interesting out there - unfortunately 'most' images had to be discarded as someone managed to pop into the shot at the most inappropiate time! But most vehicles had their callsign removed from vehicles all except the metro cars.

Full Set of images @ http://photobucket.com/CHOGM2011

SA 'Bearcat' Caused everyone around to laugh when a group of kids were posing in front of the vehicle when a fully armed and masked officer came up behind them and asked them to move. Almight huge scream!

TE730

WAPOL Bearcat

TE200

Water Police

Last edited by written_ficton on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've closed the door!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: CHOGM 2011 *HI RES* WAPOL

Post by dlcat1 »

Nice pics WF.

Anybody know why some of the doors are unmarked?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Would think that particular vehicle went to the pannel beaters and yet to have the decals applied.
I've closed the door!
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Great work wish I would have gone now :-( got away with it Friday more unpacking today , again thanks for sharing.

Matt
yorky

Post by yorky »

Anyone for some free spike stripes? [-X

Interesting seeing a Police ute, without a pod/cage!
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Those spike strips were everywhere, what I didn't get several times police officers / ATM had to yell stop to someone who were about to step on them #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
I've closed the door!
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

written_ficton wrote:Those spike strips were everywhere, what I didn't get several times police officers / ATM had to yell stop to someone who were about to step on them #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
If someone steps on them they will get a cut foot. That is why they had to tell people not to step on them.

Quite dangerous leaving them laying around like that. If it was broken glass they would clean it up straight away. Someone would be quite within their rights to make a claim against the police for leaving them unsafely as in the 13th picture. I have downloaded it and will sent it in to complain.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

written_ficton wrote:Would think that particular vehicle went to the pannel beaters and yet to have the decals applied.
I'm not sure, there were more than a fair share of un-callsigned vehicles around.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: [WF] CHOGM 2011 *HI RES* WAPOL

Post by written_ficton »

Spartacus, I think the poster was on about the Joondalup Traffic Car with no decals on the door. But I agree - most vehicles beside traffic were deviod of callsigns.

I.e YN101
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

LighteningCrashes wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Those spike strips were everywhere, what I didn't get several times police officers / ATM had to yell stop to someone who were about to step on them #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
If someone steps on them they will get a cut foot. That is why they had to tell people not to step on them.

Quite dangerous leaving them laying around like that. If it was broken glass they would clean it up straight away. Someone would be quite within their rights to make a claim against the police for leaving them unsafely as in the 13th picture. I have downloaded it and will sent it in to complain.
That is your thoughts and well within your rights, however, I ask that you do not use my image in this case.

Thanks,
I've closed the door!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

They were not left "laying around" they were there as a security measure with officers all trained in their use and the strips supervised at all times tonprevent the atrocity you speak of.......... Please!
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

wapol concept car finally has a callsign. TE 200
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Police ute with no pod was the refreshment truck. Delivered water and soft drink to us on the streets.. It was a life saver and a highlight of CHOGM.... Most of the marked cars with no callsigns are old country vehicles that are about to be decommissioned. ( I saw our old traffic car out and about...)
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
robert49
Scanners and Receivers: sanyo shortwave radio /uniden handheld scanner

Post by robert49 »

love your photos on 2011 chogm .what modals are are those cars 8)
Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma »

Image 5, TasPol SOG to the right front of the SAPol Bearcat. Good to see inter-State co-operation for such a major event.