Caddy1

Re: Ranger vehicles

Post by Caddy1 »

Shire of Gingin
Shire of Toodyay
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

Interesting to note the Toodyay vehicle has amber and red lights at the front and blue and red lights at the back... hmmm curious.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

Caddy1 wrote:Interesting to note the Toodyay vehicle has amber and red lights at the front and blue and red lights at the back... hmmm curious.
good spot!
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Thats what every range car needs red & blue lights
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Thats what every range car needs red & blue lights

May I ask what for? The Orange Lights are sufficient. They are not classified as emergency vehicles, such as Police, Fire, Ambulance.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

But they can - something do with the disaster recovery program or something? They also can have sirens [if] the council would like to, however very unlikly.

Sometimes yellow lights are just not enough, when your using the car to warn other people... Most people automatically slow down when red & blues are activated [personal viewing] yellow not so much.

My views only, but I'm sure its an overkill
I've closed the door!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

yes they slow down...in the way.
Some shires train their rangers as Fire Control Officers. These rangers will usually have red and blues on their vehicles. Unless they have this training then there really is no need for them to have red and blues and siren. Orange beacons should be adequate.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

youll find more often than not rangers in fringe metro and rural shires have amber and red lights. Red represents the fire control role. Although some councils just have it for fun, Town of East Fremantles Ranger has red and amber lights although he would very rarely deal with a bushfire. Rangers can use the blue and red lights for fire response only and in the metro area would probably be less likely to be used although you will find that many councils in Perth still put their rangers through the FCO course provided by FESA. If you go out into rural area Some councils dont even have lights at all.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

i would say that the Tooday ranger car, is also a FCO, as the red and blues on the back, and the BFS logo on the side.

as far as i know, you can have red and blues if you are part of the emergency service, and if you have red and blues on ya car, then you also must have a sign on ya car, ie FESA, FRS, BFS, ect.

that was what i was told, as the guys at FESA workshops, decked out there car with red and blues and sirens, and got busted by the cops as there was no signage on there car, so they just put a fesa sticker on there doors. lol
----BUDDAH VFRS----
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

BuddahFRS wrote:i would say that the Tooday ranger car, is also a FCO, as the red and blues on the back, and the BFS logo on the side.

as far as i know, you can have red and blues if you are part of the emergency service, and if you have red and blues on ya car, then you also must have a sign on ya car, ie FESA, FRS, BFS, ect.

that was what i was told, as the guys at FESA workshops, decked out there car with red and blues and sirens, and got busted by the cops as there was no signage on there car, so they just put a fesa sticker on there doors. lol
Don't think thats 100% true buddha, let me find some paperwork
I've closed the door!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

yeah no probs, like i said i am not 100%, its just what i have heard on the grapevine.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

BuddahFRS wrote:yeah no probs, like i said i am not 100%, its just what i have heard on the grapevine.
cant believe everything you hear (and this has been discussed ad-nauseum on here).
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Fastlane wrote:
BuddahFRS wrote:yeah no probs, like i said i am not 100%, its just what i have heard on the grapevine.
cant believe everything you hear (and this has been discussed ad-nauseum on here).
and what is that meant to mean???
----BUDDAH VFRS----
holden5541

Post by holden5541 »

Here it is! I finally had my camera when I saw it! Doesn't really need explaining other than yes- it is a Ranger vehicle!

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4166/pictureono.jpg