28-03-08 Barbie in the Burbs - Yokine

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

:lol:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

yorky wrote:It was ADVERTISED that local police (and FESA) would attend.

The last of the same event (see my previous pics) had the local van + Drop5 TE209 along with Perth 2nd + Perth 2nd LT.

The green car is the community policing/safety vehicle. I would doubt the two people there were officers. The vehicle did not have a radio etc.
Still though I am glad the cops were out fighting crime , pulling people over than at this 'event'. I feel safer knowing the cops are doing there job and not wasting time painting faces of little kiddies and warsug members.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Hate to break it to you but PR is part of the job, educating community safety.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

woobla1 wrote:Still though I am glad the cops were out fighting crime , pulling people over than at this 'event'. I feel safer knowing the cops are doing there job and not wasting time painting faces of little kiddies and warsug members.
Your ridiculous comments never cease to amaze me.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Zebedee wrote:
woobla1 wrote:Still though I am glad the cops were out fighting crime , pulling people over than at this 'event'. I feel safer knowing the cops are doing there job and not wasting time painting faces of little kiddies and warsug members.
what is so ridiculous about it?. You hear it all the time that the cops are understaffed etc.. on the tv. news. So if that means they miss out on a few silly community events like this in order to fight crime, then I think all the warsug members + community should be understanding of this.

I know if I am in trouble then id rather have some extra cops on than them have there radios off for painting faces or turning over sausages.

sorry I will make sure I check the 'acceptable opinion' matrix next time to make sure my views are totally in line with the admins.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

woobla1 wrote:
Zebedee wrote:
what is so ridiculous about it?. You hear it all the time that the cops are understaffed etc.. on the tv. news. So if that means they miss out on a few silly community events like this in order to fight crime, then I think all the warsug members + community should be understanding of this.

I know if I am in trouble then id rather have some extra cops on than them have there radios off for painting faces or turning over sausages.

sorry I will make sure I check the 'acceptable opinion' matrix next time to make sure my views are totally in line with the admins.
Im with woobla on this one. walk the walk don't talk the talk , they can say what they want but while their at these events their not doing what they say their going to do. you should become a police officer to get sh!t bags off the street. Yesterday two of my mates were robbed by the same guy, in seperate incidents. So seeing cops turning sausages and painting kids faces while things like this happen doesnt give them the greatest oppinion on police. I know things crimes like these will always be around but going to fundraisers like this isnt going to help.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:
woobla1 wrote:
Zebedee wrote: Your ridiculous comments never cease to amaze me.

Im with woobla on this one. walk the walk don't talk the talk , they can say what they want but while their at these events their not doing what they say their going to do. you should become a police officer to get sh!t bags off the street. Yesterday two of my mates were robbed by the same guy, in seperate incidents. So seeing cops turning sausages and painting kids faces while things like this happen doesnt give them the greatest oppinion on police. I know things crimes like these will always be around but going to fundraisers like this isnt going to help.
yes , until they get the numbers so that they are over staffed then they should be 'selectively' choosing what events they go to. Instead of one after another useless community event.

I am sure if I saw them at this 'event' as well and if my friends just got robbed I would have a word to them asking them (and their commander) why they werent out doing their primary job.

Fight crime first.
Public order

Then if there is no other crime to be dealt with and they are over staffed ( I doubt that will ever happen) then by all means go and paint the faces of kids and the volunteers.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Whats with all this 'painting the kids faces' business? They are there to inform and show the public there around for them. They are there to answer questions the local public may have about the service etc.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

yorky wrote:Whats with all this 'painting the kids faces' business? They are there to inform and show the public there around for them. They are there to answer questions the local public may have about the service etc.

that why the police have website and also have ads in the page page these days..

and not to point out but also police open day.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here