SJA Mercedes Sprinter, the business side.

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
eswife

Post by eswife »

vk6hgr wrote:Can I ask a bit of a newbie question...

Why do ambos have "No Smoking" signs in them?! :lol:
Due to the oxygen on board.....
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Haha, things on the 50e fall off left, right and centre! But they certainly make life a bit easier! The blue bag contains all of our airway management including oropharyngeal airways and bag valve resuscitators. And yes, you can't smoke because of the oxygen :P The red bag contains everything for basic treatment, from bandaids to triangular bandages. Some subcentres still use the Heartstarts, this is the first one I've been at that has them, and I can't use them because I only have a Zoll qualification. We're apparently getting a Zoll in the next few weeks so should be interesting!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Thanks for the great photos!

I have never seen inside an ambulance before...(fortunately i guess) but it is interesting to see how much stuff is actually in there! Hows it like for room when you have a patient in there? I cant really see from the pics if you have much room or not!

Cheers
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

also just another question....

on the floor to the left of the brake pedal... whats that little button thing?? Highbeams..? or does that have something to do with the siren??
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The button changes the siren from wail to yelp, then if we press the horn it changes to those nypd style warning lol. As for room it isn't too bad, leg room is a bit cramped but it's good because everything is within reach so you don't have to move around too much. :P
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Schism_ wrote:The button changes the siren from wail to yelp, then if we press the horn it changes to those nypd style warning lol. As for room it isn't too bad, leg room is a bit cramped but it's good because everything is within reach so you don't have to move around too much. :P
Ah fair enough. Thanks for explaining. Do you mind me asking where you are based?
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

In Narrogin. I had permission for the pictures otherwise they would not have been posted.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Schism_ wrote:In Narrogin. I had permission for the pictures otherwise they would not have been posted.
lol.. i just wanted to know if you were metro based or country based... You guys kept busy in Narrogin??

Cheers.
=]
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Average uh, 3 - 6 calls a day, 7 days a week. Some weeks there can be none, then suddenly we'll get 5 calls out of no where. Busiest subcentre I've been at yet.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Oxygen + smoke = <insert crazy thought here>
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Is the fuel tank twin or single ? and does it have just the standard capicity ?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:Is the fuel tank twin or single ? and does it have just the standard capicity ?
Standard Single Tank - Diesel Fuel.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Must be a freakin big tank, gets ya pretty far!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

75 litre tank fitted to sprinters.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Schism_ wrote: The blue bag contains all of our airway management including oropharyngeal airways and bag valve resuscitators.
In paramedic vans the Blue Bag also carries ETT's and LMA's etc which on volunteer vans would only be used by Dr's. So just wondered if you guys actually carried it as it would be very rarely be used or if the bag had just had things removed to be used by Sub Centres?

Cheers.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx