What's This???

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

You will find that this is covered by Regulation 281 of the Road Traffic Code 2000, which grants exemptions from complying with certain sections of the code to emergency vehicles.

Then if you look at the Definitions in the Code, specifically in the case of a fire appliance they state:

“emergency vehicleâ€
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Reading a post on another section in this, it states that not only do you need "written" authorisation you also need to do an "approved" driving course so i take into account ALAS where do they do there driver training for that ? and if they dont does that mean there not approved. and you also need to keep your authorisation in that vehicle which im guessing no one does.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Markmywords wrote:Reading a post on another section in this, it states that not only do you need "written" authorisation you also need to do an "approved" driving course so i take into account ALAS where do they do there driver training for that ? and if they dont does that mean there not approved. and you also need to keep your authorisation in that vehicle which im guessing no one does.
What that document/post says and what actually happens are 2 completely different things. I've never had my 'quals' checked and in fact, I think as far as vollies are concerned most wouldn't even have them - its not actually a requirement in the law.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I was thinking of the yard across from the auctioneers, they're on a corner, there's usually a few Kalamunda Bus Service busses parked up the street. I would assume that you'd need papers to purchase the truck such as you're purchasing it for a mine site, where anybody authorised on the mine site would be allowed to drive it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Tyranus wrote:I noticed this the other day, after refuelling at the caltex, there's also a spot on military road, that sells some fairly heavy duty trucks etc,
Somewhere around there at one of those auction yards are a few of the older, smaller, CAT buses too.

Until I saw them sitting in the yard, it hadn't even occurred to me that I hadn't seen any on the roads in the city for quite a while ... and I *work* in the City! (0 points for observation for me!)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yeah I've seen the CAT busses there, but I've also seen them in Perth...Have they not just changed the bus though?
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Tyranus wrote:Yeah I've seen the CAT busses there, but I've also seen them in Perth...Have they not just changed the bus though?
Dunno, haven't seen any of the midget CATs in Perth for a while. They're now all full-sized buses, at least from what I've seen ...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Zeb, Tyranus - I think we are all on the same wavelength. The old WAFB truck and the 'old' midget CAT buses, along with a s*!tload of other trucks and heavy machinery are in the yard of Smith Broughton Auctioneers on the corner of Military & Clayton. The other corner is a caravan sales yard and opposite are the Military Markets. The Victorian MFB truck is at Big Gun Trucks on Gt East Hwy in Midvale, just east of Roe.

As for the CAT buses i'm with Zeb. Haven't seen any of the midget buses in the city for a while. The CAT bus depot is just around the corner from the ABC and i don't recall seeing any in the compound recently either.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!