Can anyone identify this Tassie Vehicle ???

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
yorky

Re: Can anyone identify this Tassie Vehicle ???

Post by yorky »

Judging by the kit in the back I can only guess Ambulance service response?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
crewman

Post by crewman »

Not quite Yorky, it is deceptive with the gear. Car for another guess - anyone ?
timS

Post by timS »

Do you have any other pictures of the vehicle? or the location it is on? (looks like a construction site of some sort in the background) Does not look like standard issue Tasmanian Ambulance Service gear, most likely 3rd party operator of some description? industrial first aid etc...
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

timS wrote:Do you have any other pictures of the vehicle? or the location it is on? (looks like a construction site of some sort in the background) Does not look like standard issue Tasmanian Ambulance Service gear, most likely 3rd party operator of some description? industrial first aid etc...
The background of this pic has a BP logo/sign on the fence. Could be industrial.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Ahhh, it returns! The use of this particular vehicle belongs to the Tasmanian Fire Service. Basically, in side comparisement it's very similar to our DM's or FLO

Though I may be wrong...
I've closed the door!
crewman

Post by crewman »

It's a Customs & Border protection Service vehicle. No markings just lightbar.
timS

Post by timS »

It's a Customs & Border protection Service vehicle. No markings just lightbar.
How about that. Never would have guessed. Have seen a few Customs vehicles around tas and they are almost always ford falcon wagons that are marked.
hhh, it returns! The use of this particular vehicle belongs to the Tasmanian Fire Service. Basically, in side comparisement it's very similar to our DM's or FLO

Though I may be wrong...
Have never personally seen any X-Trails in the TFS Fleet, all the District Managers and others use utes.

Tasmania Ambulance service do have a few X-Trails, but are all fully marked.
Last edited by timS on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crewman

Post by crewman »

With the name change to CUSTOMS "& Border Protection" the vehicle markings were put on hold until some uniformity was created. Now all operational vehicles are white, as opposed to the previous blue & will soon be sign written the same as vehicles on mainland Australia. This applies to all operational vehicles excepting those with covert duties.