Ranger vehicles

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Caddy1

Re: Ranger vehicles

Post by Caddy1 »

I saw a little Citroen or Renault booting around that had Subi Ranger on it, I can't imagine that those guys would have much use for a the big falcon as most of their jobs would be traffic related?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Rangers do a lot more in the community, including stray animals which would need room in the back of their vehicle.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

im aware of that but in city of subiaco animal control duties would not be their primary task. Parking would be the number one job however renaults or vw caddys can be modified to be used to store animals as at the city of south perth, town of victoria park and town of claremont.
holden5541

Post by holden5541 »

Hi Caddy 1,

Mate, being a Ranger I thought I'd explain a few things. I know people get a bit upset about Ranger driving around in Falcons and Ford Rangers and other big vehicles but the fact is there is a heap of gear that we need to carry around every day. In my vehicle I have dog poles, 2 metal chages, a shovel, broom, large net for catching birds, bite gloves, rubbish bags, safety tape, temporary parking restriction signs (aka spike signs) 'hoods' for use on permanent signage syringe containers and associated safety gear, and that's just what I can think of without going out there to look! I do know that some councils have fitted smaller VW type vans and the like but I would hate to imagine trying to get 2 aggresive dogs into the back of one of them that has no cage- only a cargo barrier! Just the other week I had a nasty rotty and doberman in my two cages going bananas!

But my main argument is- the car is my office and I would spend 95% of my day in it or near it and on a 10 hour shift I am very thankful that its a Falcon!

So I know everyone gets upset when seeing us in big flash cars but hopefuly now people understand why! Please no one read this as a argument starter because that is not my intention- just putting my two cents worth in!

Cheers!

Admin edit: Sorry we don't excuse french, we remove it.
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

Hi Holden5541,
Always a pleasure to find another Ranger on here, I am certainly aware of the advantages of having a big utility working at an outer metro council and having the Ford Rangers/Falcons certainly makes the jobs easier.
What I was simply saying was that more inner metro councils where parking is the primary job have started to lean towards using smaller VW type commercial vans for their Ranger vans.
City of South Perth and Town of Victoria Park both use the VW commercial vans primarily now and Victoria Park actually have two cages in the vehicle comparable in size to those in the Falcons!
I have seen the City of Subi renault or citroen car booting around doing parking. I assume there that the Ranger whos driving the falcon on the day would deal with the animal control duties (which are fairly minimal at Subi from what I hear).
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Caddy1 wrote:I have seen the City of Subi renault or citroen car booting around doing parking. I assume there that the Ranger whos driving the falcon on the day would deal with the animal control duties (which are fairly minimal at Subi from what I hear).
yeah, most of em are locked up in the changerooms at Subi Oval :P
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
Caddy1 wrote:I have seen the City of Subi renault or citroen car booting around doing parking. I assume there that the Ranger whos driving the falcon on the day would deal with the animal control duties (which are fairly minimal at Subi from what I hear).
yeah, most of em are locked up in the changerooms at Subi Oval :P
LOL!
I think it's good that councils are using smaller cars where necessary however I do recognise the requirement for a bigger vehicle.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

holden5541 wrote:Hi Caddy 1,

Mate, being a Ranger I thought I'd explain a few things. I know people get a bit upset about Ranger driving around in Falcons and Ford Rangers and other big vehicles but the fact is there is a heap of gear that we need to carry around every day. In my vehicle I have dog poles, 2 metal chages, a shovel, broom, large net for catching birds, bite gloves, rubbish bags, safety tape, temporary parking restriction signs (aka spike signs) 'hoods' for use on permanent signage syringe containers and associated safety gear, and that's just what I can think of without going out there to look! I do know that some councils have fitted smaller VW type vans and the like but I would hate to imagine trying to get 2 aggresive dogs into the back of one of them that has no cage- only a cargo barrier! Just the other week I had a nasty rotty and doberman in my two cages going bananas!

But my main argument is- the car is my office and I would spend 95% of my day in it or near it and on a 10 hour shift I am very thankful that its a Falcon!

So I know everyone gets upset when seeing us in big flash cars but hopefuly now people understand why! Please no one read this as a argument starter because that is not my intention- just putting my two cents worth in!

Cheers!

Admin edit: Sorry we don't excuse french, we remove it BONJURE!.
The main reason why they get upset its probably the same [though toned down considerable] as why most people do not have a nice word to say about the police officers. Mainly because no - one likes us, we give fines out...

I've been verbally assualted many times while on the beat & have been to my fair share of court appearances. It's the job I do for the residents and the general good of the community.

Its probably why we love the job so much.
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I must say, not may people out there who care WF - well done mate. Your heart is in the right place.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

its all about changing lives and making a real difference in the community everyday right written_fiction :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Caddy1 wrote:its all about changing lives and making a real difference in the community everyday right written_fiction :)
Changing lives? Dunno, never dealt with changing lives??

But for the good of the community then yes... fair enough you not going to be 100% popular with all the community but 95% of the time your seen to be doing to the right then and residents know that they are getting service for their rate money.
I've closed the door!
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

I dont know some people regard their dogs as their children and bringing them home is always a plus for Ranger Services. Then again people dont like getting fines for parking over the crossover in their driveway :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Caddy1 wrote:I dont know some people regard their dogs as their children and bringing them home is always a plus for Ranger Services. Then again people dont like getting fines for parking over the crossover in their driveway :)
I see what you mean, I agree.... Especially the fluffed up poodles doodles that have been sugercoated!

Common practise to ask to move the car... its all about the people :D

*edit*spellllllllllllllllllllling mistttttttttttake
Last edited by written_ficton on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've closed the door!
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

Its the same here, but then some people just wont comply with such a simple request. Great job though! What council are you at?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Recent Western Force game

I've closed the door!