Scania / Metz ladder

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Scania / Metz ladder

Post by kylep »

QFRS have both a 42 and 44m now. Talk of Vic getting some 44 or 45s. The Deep Space station in Canberra also has a (non-firefighting) 70m Bronto for working with their telescopes. LINK

I think the highest in each state are:
NSWFB - 37m
MFB - 37m
MFS - 37m
NT - 37m?
WA - 33m
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Yes we have a 44mtr , CFA is going to also and ACT's should be there some place.

Matt
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Just a thought but are CLP1 and TTL03 almost at retirement age and if they are to be replaced soon what bronto skylift model will the FRS replace them with?

Also would the FRS ever buy Aerial Pumpers as these are also currently in use along the east coast.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

as far as i know it works fine so i dont think they would replace it.
normal series 3 pumps would be of a higher priority one would think due to the workload.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

i dont think they will replace them soon, as yeah they have not done a lot of work in the past years.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

There's a good chance they would be looking to replace at least CLP1 very soon, as the 20 year overhaul on the boom is quite intensive and costly. I'm not sure of the requirements with the ladders.

I'm sure one day WA will get an aerial pumper in some form, but not sure if it's on the horizon. As the urban sprawl continues, it would make sense to have aerial assets to the north and south, that probably wouldn't require the height of a CLP.