Barbagallo Raceway 19th July 2008

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

canon wrote:
Smithy813 wrote:Was out there crewing with the AMS mob today, was out in the V2 car for a couple of the crashes, the V2 driver is an ex racer and drives like a champ even with 4 ppl on board and medic gear he made that GT fly. Great fun.
hey smithy you sound quite young to be an ESI and a medic. how old are you. Was this your first time at barbs? i would have thought there would have been a paramedic in that vehicle. Please dont see this as a dig but to the best of my knowledge only paramedic, senior firie, DR and medical driver would be in those vehicles.Not having a go just a question to be asked.
I'll take the age comment as a compliment, how old do you think I am and how old do you think I have to be to instruct? (c:
As for the car, yes, it's usually just a driver, Dr and a para. While I was on board (for just two races) we were 4 up, fyi I have no desire to become a full blown para, i rather like teaching instead.
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Smithy813 wrote:
canon wrote:
Smithy813 wrote:Was out there crewing with the AMS mob today, was out in the V2 car for a couple of the crashes, the V2 driver is an ex racer and drives like a champ even with 4 ppl on board and medic gear he made that GT fly. Great fun.
hey smithy you sound quite young to be an ESI and a medic. how old are you. Was this your first time at barbs? i would have thought there would have been a paramedic in that vehicle. Please dont see this as a dig but to the best of my knowledge only paramedic, senior firie, DR and medical driver would be in those vehicles.Not having a go just a question to be asked.
I'll take the age comment as a compliment, how old do you think I am and how old do you think I have to be to instruct? (c:
As for the car, yes, it's usually just a driver, Dr and a para. While I was on board (for just two races) we were 4 up, fyi I have no desire to become a full blown para, i rather like teaching instead.
dont they have firies in the v1 and v2 vehicles anymore?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

canon wrote:
Smithy813 wrote:
canon wrote: hey smithy you sound quite young to be an ESI and a medic. how old are you. Was this your first time at barbs? i would have thought there would have been a paramedic in that vehicle. Please dont see this as a dig but to the best of my knowledge only paramedic, senior firie, DR and medical driver would be in those vehicles.Not having a go just a question to be asked.
shut up canon, stop bitching
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

written_ficton wrote:
canon wrote:
Smithy813 wrote: I'll take the age comment as a compliment, how old do you think I am and how old do you think I have to be to instruct? (c:
shut up canon, stop bitching
sorry thought that was a legit question.Hey on a different note did they manage to sort out the mess left behind by the storms prior to the event, they were great pics
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Sorry cannon, that was harsh of me...... I need coffee
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

written_ficton wrote:Sorry cannon, that was harsh of me...... I need coffee
thats ok havent had my daily dose either lol
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

canon wrote:Hey on a different note did they manage to sort out the mess left behind by the storms prior to the event, they were great pics
They did :)

Late Saturday arvo, they had new framework all up and stable, any bent framework cleared and off to the side, and they were pulling the coverings over.

When I got back on Sunday morning, everything was done and there were lots of people in there watching the racing ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
sparkytoadie_newlogon

Post by sparkytoadie_newlogon »

i Feel sorry for the firey sitting in the ute, no one to talk to looking very bored!!!!
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Saw the HRA ambo at RPH emergency yesterday.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Toottoot wrote:Saw the HRA ambo at RPH emergency yesterday.
Wow tootytootie was you excitied?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Not as excited as I am waitng for your book to come out.
canon
Banned

actually

Post by canon »

Smithy813 wrote:
SmashedXR6T wrote:Can i ask whats the justification for a medic to have a high performance vehicle like a GT?

just because it is in attendence at a race meet doesn't mean its necessary to require one, cos at the end of the day they will still be waiting for your arrival if there is a serious crash.
The V2 car is driven by an ex racer and there is a Doc and Para/Medic on board, I was lucky enough to be one of the medics on Sunday and belive me to try and keep up to the cars JUST on their warm up laps you have to be doing about 140 odd on the straight and with 3 people and medical gear in the boot you'd never get away with anything less than a high performance sedan.
The V2 car is driven by an ex racer and there is a Doc and Para/Medic on board, I was lucky enough to be one of the medics on Sunday and belive me to try and keep up to the cars JUST on their warm up laps you have to be doing about 140 odd on the straight and with 3 people and medical gear in the boot you'd never get away with anything less than a high performance sedan.[/quote] FYI you should of had a small fire pumper behind you and i think back in 2002 & 3 correct me if im wrong the landrover discovery was used. It is clear that this was your first time at barbagellos and you should not have been put in that position without any prior experience or quals for the role you were playing. Its not your fault though so dont take this as a put down, just what should be expected at an event like this. It doesnt happen over east nor should it here.
Last edited by canon on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

The Fire Rescue Vehicles are Rodeo Utes.

Yes it was his first time and I hope he had the correct CAMS Officials Licence to be there.

The FIV is also not spose to keep up with the race cars.

WOW the newys make a bid deal out of nothing really.
just more cowboys
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Hope you also reported to the Cheif Fire Marshal
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

rescue10 wrote:The Fire Rescue Vehicles are Rodeo Utes.

Yes it was his first time and I hope he had the correct CAMS Officials Licence to be there.

The FIV is also not spose to keep up with the race cars.

WOW the newys make a bid deal out of nothing really.
just more cowboys
Not his fault though rescue, thats a managerial decision :wink: