Barbagallo Raceway 19th July 2008

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Barbagallo Raceway 19th July 2008

Post by Zebedee »

A few pics from Barbagallo Raceway today - day 1 of the SuperTruck race weekend...

Friday's storms had made a hell of a mess of the corporate marquees set up on CAT Corner (turn 1)!

And last, the reason for the day - the obligatory truck photo ;)

Apologies for the picture quality - it was taken with my phone's camera, which isn't renowned for it's sharpness!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

nice pics.

That second ambulance almost looks like one from NSW or vic even. One of the city ambulances.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

woobla1 wrote:nice pics.

That second ambulance almost looks like one from NSW or vic even. One of the city ambulances.
Hostile Environment Services.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Yeah it's marked up as belonging to Hostile - hopefully I'll have some better pics later today ;)

It is very dark.
jasonjag
Banned

Quality pics

Post by jasonjag »

(Zebedee writes) Apologies for the picture quality - it was taken with my phone's camera, which isn't renowned for it's sharpness!

No need to apoligise, I think they are damm good quality from your phone camera and great shots,,Thanks Doug,,,,jj
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

Was out there crewing with the AMS mob today, was out in the V2 car for a couple of the crashes, the V2 driver is an ex racer and drives like a champ even with 4 ppl on board and medic gear he made that GT fly. Great fun.
Last edited by Smithy813 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Yes no offence - they look like half finished rubiks cubes. The colours dont seem to blend well. I hope you take this as constructive criticism as it is not intended to be offensive.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Smithy813 wrote:...set up for the mines, hence the big codan antenna and flag.
I wondered what the antennas were for ;)

It is very dark.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

A few more pics from Saturday, these ones were taken with a real camera, not my crappy phone ;)

It is very dark.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Nice pics Zeb

The first two look like a picture of toys on a diorama!
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Can i ask whats the justification for a medic to have a high performance vehicle like a GT?

just because it is in attendence at a race meet doesn't mean its necessary to require one, cos at the end of the day they will still be waiting for your arrival if there is a serious crash.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

WPXZBP wrote:Nice pics Zeb

The first two look like a picture of toys on a diorama!
Haha - well AMS must have spent some time making sure that their vehicles were all neat and clean and presentable... Unlike my car which usually looks like a dog's dinner :P
SmashedXR6T wrote:Can i ask whats the justification for a medic to have a high performance vehicle like a GT?

just because it is in attendence at a race meet doesn't mean its necessary to require one, cos at the end of the day they will still be waiting for your arrival if there is a serious crash.
It may have something to do with CAMS regulations - but I couldn't say for sure as I haven't studied them. But the V2 car follows along at the back of each group of cars at the start of the race, and takes up position about half way around the track on lap 1 and parks there. Also if it's needed at a crash, I'm guessing that it's needed there right now. But perhaps someone with more experience in the medical side of motorsport may be able to confirm whether I'm more or less correct or not ;)

It is very dark.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

And for people who have no idea about truck racing, I found this clip on YouTube ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_iY3ztGUiE

It is very dark.
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

SmashedXR6T wrote:Can i ask whats the justification for a medic to have a high performance vehicle like a GT?

The V2 car is driven by an ex racer and there is a Doc and Para/Medic on board, I was lucky enough to be one of the medics on Sunday and belive me to try and keep up to the cars JUST on their warm up laps you have to be doing about 140 odd on the straight and with 3 people and medical gear in the boot you'd never get away with anything less than a high performance sedan.
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Smithy813 wrote:Was out there crewing with the AMS mob today, was out in the V2 car for a couple of the crashes, the V2 driver is an ex racer and drives like a champ even with 4 ppl on board and medic gear he made that GT fly. Great fun.
hey smithy you sound quite young to be an ESI and a medic. how old are you. Was this your first time at barbs? i would have thought there would have been a paramedic in that vehicle. Please dont see this as a dig but to the best of my knowledge only paramedic, senior firie, DR and medical driver would be in those vehicles.Not having a go just a question to be asked.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.