Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Smithy813 wrote:
Tyranus wrote:MP77 is now at Butler!
Yeah, we had a good look through with the Butler D crew after we did training with them on the weekend... apparently its the training vehicle, spending time there while they all get passed out on the new equipment.
MP77 will be there permanently. The old pump goes once they have finished their training.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Leigh wrote:I also went to Butler station recently, i cant believe where they positioned it :shock:
Where abouts is it guys, pardon my ignorance, i'm presuming it's only been operating for a short time :?: :?:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Butler is up near Quinns Rocks.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

WPXZBP wrote:Butler is up near Quinns Rocks.

Pretty Dodgy up there.. Almost as bad as Rockingham.

*take the bait* :lol:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

and you're trying to compare the swinging pig with area's north...other than maybe Bassendean. Jeez Millsy fat chance :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Tyranus wrote:and you're trying to compare the swinging pig with area's north...other than maybe Bassendean. Jeez Millsy fat chance :P
Worse places than rocky to live and most are out east...
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Let's keep it on topic folks.
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

westernwedgey wrote:
Leigh wrote:I also went to Butler station recently, i cant believe where they positioned it :shock:
Where abouts is it guys, pardon my ignorance, i'm presuming it's only been operating for a short time :?: :?:
I think Leigh is refering to the fact that the station itself has been built within the Nowergup Railway maintenance yard to the north of Hester Ave. I think it's not too bad really, it's well away from where anyone can do damage to the station being well away from the main road, yet well positioned to access Wannaroo Rd and Marmion Ave. Is also just over the road (and around the corner :) ) from where Quinns BFB new station is going.

Talking with the Butler SO on the weekend, apparently the future Butler station is going to be built way up on Romeo Rd half way to Yanchep.
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Butler is about 1 km up a private rd used by the railways.
Agreed that it has good access to Wanneroo and Marmion but seems like it would take a while to leave the complex before you even hit hester ave. Also its technically in Nowergup, not Butler. All minor as you can see :?
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

Leigh wrote:Butler is about 1 km up a private rd used by the railways.
Agreed that it has good access to Wanneroo and Marmion but seems like it would take a while to leave the complex before you even hit hester ave. Also its technically in Nowergup, not Butler. All minor as you can see :?
Yeah great points. I think they called it Butler coz Nowergup 1st sounds lame lol
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

It's called Butler because that is where it is going. The premises in the rail facility are only temporary, until the area is developed and the station proper is built.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

it is actually going (by the FESA planning report) to be built in a suburb called Eglington which is North of butler when marmion ave gets extended though they will probably be in the dongas at the rail yard for another 2-3 yrs and will probably still be called butler