WAPOL Subaru WRX

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

playworth wrote:
JG-103 wrote:i saw it on thomas rd kwinana last sat arvo
'

can anyone get any .pics/videos of it in action 8)
There are some in here of it post chase in West Leederville. You just have to find them.
TA-team Member

Post by TA-team Member »

oh yeah i remember that baby :D nope just a standard digital radio but there is no way tadis is gonna fit in that thing. there is barely enough room for 2 uniformed cops with utility belts plus all the extras they have.. word around is that its not all that crash hot.. to small too much power not enough weight and it cant handle the 24/7 hammering the fords and holdens get.
BF

Post by BF »

It actually doesn't even have a digital radio. Analogue only which is absolutely useless now. Have to use a portable radio now.

The vehicle is actually very good. Great power, handles great and is actually quite comfortable.

Only critisism is not much rear leg room.

The vehicle is currently at Cockburn for a while.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

really used to at rocko
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
TA-team Member

Post by TA-team Member »

ok so it still has the tait 2020 mounted above the stereo in the centre.. does it look pretty?? wasnt an easy job :P that was a LONGGGG time ago that 1.
I must have been thinkin of the holden astra. WT901 i believe.

I found it to be ok, but after talking to a few officers they recon it wasnt the best thing to be in for a long time.. leg room, seats, and the amount of gear they have attached to them selfs makes it uncomfortable. but thats there call i guess
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

You are obviously talking to the wrong people. I agree with BF completely.

If you look at the intended use for the vehicle it fits the role perfectly.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

To instigate chases? :P
RevolutionX

Post by RevolutionX »

Does anyone know what after market modifications have been made to the car? I drive a WRX myself and know their handling and performance makes them a pleasure to drive. At 6'2 I find there is enough room in standard road models but I haven't had to wear all equipment police have to.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

RevolutionX wrote:Does anyone know what after market modifications have been made to the car? I drive a WRX myself and know their handling and performance makes them a pleasure to drive. At 6'2 I find there is enough room in standard road models but I haven't had to wear all equipment police have to.
a radio that has absolutely no use now and that is it...........
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

It's fully sick, has subwoofa, sik exhaust, blow of valve so it goes tsu tu tu tu tu when it's revving. Nah I'd say the standard crappy radio + a flash lightbar.