Thomas Rd Fire Boxing day

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Jared wrote:
Tyranus wrote:
Jared wrote:... No we were evacuating residents...
That makes more sense, but from the sounds of it, some SES personal had been suckered into flaking hoses, which really you shouldn't have been doing anyway.
Im not trying to hurt the firies feelings or cause an argument but the fire brigade think ses are their slaves. Some of my unit got bs'ed into doing things such as rubish collection BIG not on in my books. N i have to tell ya, after my outrage it wont be happening again.
Right well hate to break it to you but it's up to your team leader, and that's only a few firies, not all. Doesn't help to lose your temper only makes SES look bad, and as a member of the SES I'd prefer it if you didn't do that!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

I know what you mean. I didnt lose my temper. I had a quiet chat with my TL but gave a firm word.... Anyway..

Sorry i didnt get more pics guys. I was there for about an hour on break. I really wanted a video of POL Air landing in a paddock but it was too far away and was blocked by trees.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ohk wicked.

Yeah that would have been good, at least you were able to grab a couple of snaps for those that weren't able to be there. :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

:wink:
Last edited by Tom on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Joondalup have the new UT as well as their usual. The new appliance needs sufficient training by all crew before being taken as a replacement. Also, I was informed that it will be shifted around a bit for all the different stations to have a go with it. This means that feedback can be taken on board and changed made to the first one, before the others are completed.

UT55 is out the back of workshops in the decommisioned area.

All my pics are on the ozfire.org forum. You can join and view them there...
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Joondalups UT back in service from this afternoon.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

is the new ut a dual cab or single cab?im just tryin to get an idea of what there getting because no1 is actually saying what it is...is it hino or isuzu?

most probably based on the frs 3.4u?

chris 8)
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:is the new ut a dual cab or single cab?im just tryin to get an idea of what there getting because no1 is actually saying what it is...is it hino or isuzu?

most probably based on the frs 3.4u?

chris 8)
Chrissss. Its a hino, single cab.

Kylep has posted some great photos of the training one at joondalup. You will have to join www.ozfire.org then visit this page:

http://www.ozfire.org/viewtopic.php?t=6834
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

cheers kyle its all good looks like uve got some good matwerial on there

cheers

chris :lol:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

looks good i must say,how do u get into all the frs stations and the workshops i seriously wanna go there and have a look.

chris
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Yes, I have a lot of material on that site. It's well run, and stays to the point - fire photography and related discussion. One of these days I will also get around to putting some new photos on my fotopic site.

If you browse the first page of the Fire Appliances section, you will see most of what I shot whilst over for Christmas.