My Collection...

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

westernwedgey wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Does that mean the district cars are all stabled at the district office and none are based at other stations?
Most are based at the Freo District Traffic office...though there are some traffic cars based in Rocko and i remember seeing 1 based at Kwinny for a short time.
AV are simply the district vehicles for South West Metro area.
Today and tommorow AV210 was/will be on a "speed blitz" catching speeding motorists on main roads in the Rockingham area.

TODAY
8-10am - The Avenue WARNBRO
11am-3pm - Gilmore Ave LEDA
6pm-9pm - Dixon Rd ROCKINGHAM

TOMMOROW | Times will not be posted
Dixon Rd ROCKINGHAM
Gnangara Drive WAIKIKI
Warnbro Sound Ave PORT KENNEDY
Warnbro Sound Ave WARNBRO

Remember its 40km.h @ School Zones :wink:

will have more pics for you all shortly :) 8)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

AV201 wrote:
westernwedgey wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Does that mean the district cars are all stabled at the district office and none are based at other stations?
Most are based at the Freo District Traffic office...though there are some traffic cars based in Rocko and i remember seeing 1 based at Kwinny for a short time.
AV are simply the district vehicles for South West Metro area.
Today and tommorow AV210 was/will be on a "speed blitz" catching speeding motorists on main roads in the Rockingham area.

TODAY
8-10am - The Avenue WARNBRO
11am-3pm - Gilmore Ave LEDA
6pm-9pm - Dixon Rd ROCKINGHAM

TOMMOROW | Times will not be posted
Dixon Rd ROCKINGHAM
Gnangara Drive WAIKIKI
Warnbro Sound Ave PORT KENNEDY
Warnbro Sound Ave WARNBRO

Remember its 40km.h @ School Zones :wink:

will have more pics for you all shortly :) 8)
This is interesting. I have a couple of questions:

Ok - what else do traffic cars do besides speed blitzes and patrols? and

Are the duties of the unit pre arranged very far in advance or do you get told when you report for duty. Are the jobs arranged by the local sargeant or VKI?
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i would say duty inpector or TEG boss. supertinted whatever is name is.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Toottoot wrote: This is interesting. I have a couple of questions:

Ok - what else do traffic cars do besides speed blitzes and patrols? and

Are the duties of the unit pre arranged very far in advance or do you get told when you report for duty. Are the jobs arranged by the local sargeant or VKI?
Well things are operated differently...
in this case however, the locations are nominated "HIGH SPEED" areas...Dixon Rd is ONE of the MANY nominated roads that speed blitzes have been selected to be concluded. The reason behind this is that many dont obey the speed signs on these roads. When areas have a >50% chance of speeding motorists it is a nominated high speed area. Hope that makes sence. For instance, Dixon Rd last week got on average 15* cars per half hour (record at 53 stops in one hour) doing excess of 9km.h

AV210 this week has been nominated the "speed blitz" vehicle, where in this case they will not patrol but will go to the nominated high speed area and do speedos there and stop vehicles speeding and issue them an infringement etc.

Toottoot mainly speed blitzes, vehicle checks (inc. searches) as its a HWP car..only organised for the following week..not like Speed Cameras, which are a good month in schedules...

Not VKI, more or less the supervisors or someone up in the ranks :lol:

hope that helps...what i know :)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Do you get many fail to stops?

Are the times rigid or is it up to the officers where they will go at what time?
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Toottoot wrote:Do you get many fail to stops?

Are the times rigid or is it up to the officers where they will go at what time?
Times are advised but not mandatory, however certain "high speed areas" are time alocated...for instance Warnbro Sound Ave....School Zone...many disobey the 40km.h speed limit...but obey the 70km.h standard limit....so in this case, you can expect AV210 to be at Warnbro Sound Ave during the School Time slots...

Yes you get the odd vehicle which fails to stop...Depending on the situation (as always) will depend on the series of events that take place...

For instance this evening a vehicle travelling at 136km.h in a 60km.h zone (Dixon Rd)...we couldnt persue as it was too dangerous and the vehicle ran through a red light....all attempts to stop this vehile while "standing ground" failed...in this case and with WAPOLs procedured....we had to abort (before anything even started)....and then simply broadcasted a LOTBKF...

again hope this is making sence...
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

AV201 wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Do you get many fail to stops?

Times are advised but not mandatory, however certain "high speed areas" are time alocated...for instance Warnbro Sound Ave....School Zone...many disobey the 40km.h speed limit...but obey the 70km.h standard limit....so in this case, you can expect AV210 to be at Warnbro Sound Ave during the School Time slots...

Yes you get the odd vehicle which fails to stop...Depending on the situation (as always) will depend on the series of events...

For instance this evening a vehicle travelling at 136km.h in a 60km.h zone (Dixon Rd)...we couldnt persue as it was too dangerous and the vehicle ran through a red light....all attempts to stop this vehile while "standing ground" failed...in this case and with WAPOLs procedured....we had to abort (before anything even started)....and then simply broadcasted a LOTBKF...

So there are plenty of deadbeats getting away with things like that. Thats a shame especially when there seems to be a parking inspector on every corner in fremantle at the moment. Thanks for the insight!
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Toottoot wrote:So there are plenty of deadbeats getting away with things like that. Thats a shame especially when there seems to be a parking inspector on every corner in fremantle at the moment. Thanks for the insight!
Well mate, its clear to see that for years such occurances happen...hence on the WAPOL agenda...the new plan proposed to change the way pursuits are regulated and the action taken.

Changes need to be made...clearly (in my point of view).

No worries :) Cheers
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

sorry all... What does LOTBKF stand for :?:

cheers
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

LookOut To Be Kept For
HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

Yes you get the odd vehicle which fails to stop...Depending on the situation (as always) will depend on the series of events that take place...

You sounded like a real police officer their AV201.

HM-106
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

HM-106 wrote:

HM-106
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Tyranus wrote:
HM-106 wrote:

HM-106
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
upping the anti a little!more professional, been with the boys learning alot :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I thought he was haha,
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Markmywords wrote:I thought he was haha,
no mate...I just know the guys and had a WAPOL officer in this case at my joint. I just say we as i was with them in this circumstance.

Nearly there :)