Victoria Police - SMART Car (5th Generation).

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Warlord wrote:
what about the CV8 Monaro.. and also i remember seeing a BMW convertable at one stage... were these SMART cars???
No not really.

The HSV GTO Coupe was not really permitted to leave the CBD area for general Traffic Policing. It was only a promotional loaner from GM / HSV. You rarely would have seen it outside the CBD or Metropolitan area. It was not part of the SMART Car program, even though it was about during the initial program.

The Powder Blue CV8's were just normal TMU also used for Commonwealth Games Duties initially then normal TMU ops.

The BMW was a just a Community Policing tool really, it was used to reward safe drivers in conjunction with drive time radio programs and the like.

The SAAB was meant to be for that too, but seing as it was the same colour as one of the generation of SMART Cars they used it for such in the end.

We've also had a Doge / Chrysler Viper GTS Coupé, Ford Mustang Coupe etc.

There was a Chrysler PT Cruiser that was part of the Youth Liaison Program at one stage. There is a Jeep Wrangler in this role at present.
For the local Community Policing program we've had all sorts of unusual vehicles marked up as Police Vehicles.
thanks for clearing that up! I thought they might of been SMART cars but then again i couldnt really picture the Beemer doing P1 runs. haha. thanks again
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short