UQ116

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

UQ116

Post by donks »

got a snap of UQ116 today when i was in my mates car on the way to lacrosse training today.

Had pulled up a car on Leach Hwy which had no number plates.

I dont know whats up with my camera because its taking shocking photos.. (its a 7.1mp i thought thats meant to be pretty decent) but i will have a play with the settings.

People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I was once told that once you hit a certain number of mega pixels anything over that is just a waste unless you are blowing them up to make them larger and the quality of the bits and pieces like the lens and stuff contribute much more to a good shot.

But to be honest i have no idea.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

jmmw wrote:I was once told that once you hit a certain number of mega pixels anything over that is just a waste unless you are blowing them up to make them larger and the quality of the bits and pieces like the lens and stuff contribute much more to a good shot.

But to be honest i have no idea.
megapixels is just how many "dots" form the photo. Basically you have a low amount of mega pixels, the photo quality is crap (nothing less than 4 is good these days). But once you go past 7 megapixels, when you view the photo on the computer it wouldnt matter if its 7 or 100, as the colour and dots are high....however when you zoom in..thats when you can tell!

7 is not to large n not too small its just right haha! basically you dont want a 100 mega pixel camera, as the photo size would be HUGE! so evens it out...have a fiddle with the settings, set quality to high n presto! :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

5MP setting should be fine, part of the issue in that photo is that it was taken through glass and sometimes the camera will focus on the glass and not the object itself. (resists the urge to use the age old, it's not the equipment it's the user, or a good photographer never blames his equipment etc. :P)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Tyranus wrote:5MP setting should be fine, part of the issue in that photo is that it was taken through glass and sometimes the camera will focus on the glass and not the object itself. (resists the urge to use the age old, it's not the equipment it's the user, or a good photographer never blames his equipment etc. :P)

LOL.. no i actually agree with you there... its probably the user... like i said when i get a bit of time i will venture deep into the settings and tune it to how i like it..

cheers for the help anyway.. at least i was able to get a picture, even if its not the best quality
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short