Hedland Pics- ABCTV

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
auntys_eyes

Hedland Pics- ABCTV

Post by auntys_eyes »

Slightly self indulgent i know but i thought i would put up a few pics of the ABCTV gear we had in South Hedland for the WAFL broadcast last week.

The white OB van is the one we normally use for the WAFL games. The 'A' trailer at the front was loaded with all the camera, sound and other equipment we needed. (packed in the crates that are next to the truck)

The 'A' trailer at the front was used as the Commentary position for the broadcast.

This is the tower that i had to work on. My camera is the one on the left.

This is the camera i was operating.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Aunty these are great photos, you never get to see this side of TV. Are the cameras easy to operate and when you are filming what comes through the headphones.

Can you get some from Subi as well?

:D
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

The cameras are easy enough to operate, but the skill comes in being able to zoom, focus, pan and tilt all simultaneously, continuously and SMOOTHLY.
In the headphones you hear mainly the director and programme sound (what is broadcast) but we can also sometimes hear the directors assistant. There is also an Engineering circuit for talking to camera control and the techs (and in the newer truck the cam ops can also talk to each other.)

I'm working on the AFL at Subi on Sun Aug 5th, so i'll try to get some pics.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!