Win a joy flight on one of the heletac water bombers.

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

I rang Helicopters Australia late on Friday with the very same enquiry. Spoke to a lovely young lady who explained that the judging process is still continuing for two reasons; a) there were a large number of entries, and b) that one of the pilots doing the judging has had to go to Melbourne to bring back another aircraft :roll: . She said that they hope to have results by the end of next week, so expect to hear some thing then, or maybe the week following.

With ten flights on offer surely one of us would get a look in :D.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Now remember if you are allowed to bring a friend on the flight remember who told yu every1. Just joking hopefully if it is a warsug member they enjoy every moment of the flight and perhaps some pics from the joy flight.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Cheers AE (is the lady single? :lol: ) and thanks for the heads-up Donga.

If I do get a flight I do already have someone in mind to take with me. (Heck, I have three or four in mind if I could! :lol: )
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

So it looks like Wes, Donga, Chris and I have all put entries in. Have any other members had a go as well :?:

What are the chances of more than one WARSUG member getting any of the ten spots on offer :lol:

If i get a ride i hope my 3 kids can join me.

VBFB Member

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

my pics wer shitty off my camera phone

noooo
all these cameramen n such no chance for me.

chris
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I did not put any pics in as I did not have any. I stumbled across the article in my local paper and knew that there were some warsug members who had some great pic that they could contribute to the comp. I was a bit reluctant to post the full details as I did not want someone else to take the credit for some one elses pics.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I sent the whole lot from the Easter Championships less one which was basically a rotten shot. I know I took them and told them if they wanted the unedited originals then they can have a copy.

Good luck to the other people who entered. :)
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Got names?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Winners were published in the Midland Reporter, details as follows:
Winners are:
A. Baker of Henley Brook; Peter Thomas of Darlington (not a name I recognise); Nick Tester of Sawyers Valley; Ron Holmes of Gwelup; Chris Lehne of North Beach; Nevielle Murphy of Kingsley; Des Fogarty of Rockingham; Glen Lawson of Henley Brook; Dave Williamson of Mt Richon; Colleen Rankin of Byford.

Congrats to those lucky people, any of them members of this site??
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Not me... :cry:
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Not me either :cry:

Phoned the office a couple of weeks ago and had a long chat to the guy that did the judging. Said they had hundreds of entries (mostly stills), which is why it took them so long. He said that although lots of them were very good quality, that some of the winners had captured 'a special moment', not neccesarily good quality.

Congrats to all the winners. Helicopters Aust said they may run another comp next year.

Said he might call the ABC to get the vision i shot of the 4 Helitacs working the Gooseberry Hill/Boya fire, and filling up from a 'collar tank'.

VBFB Member

MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

Mr Fogarty of Rockingham probably took photo's of a fire I watched(south side of Lake Richmond).
I didn't have my camera with me, DOH!.
The Choppers were filling up from two tiny artificial lakes, I was at one in the middle of a residential area. Must have filled up over 20 times at each lake, was an awesome sight, many photo ops.
They were so close, the lake would have been maybe 20 or 30M wide and the banks were lined with spectators. I could feel the water spray whipped off the lake's surface by the downdraft.

Ironically, Lake Richmond(natural) is pretty large and was only seconds away from where they were dumping, could have come down filled up and then dump with very little movement, but they didn't fill up there.
I think the lake is very salty so it was not an option?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Wow I've always admired Nevielle Murphy of Kingsley's great pictures all over the place, and now I know he lives right near to me!
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator