Highway Patrol car photos

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
godinoz

Post by godinoz »

Zebedee wrote:A bit of a radical way of making sure your hot crib stays that way!
I wont name the incident, or where, but it was a long one and when I was leaving I noticed the bonnet on a wapol vehicle wasn't shut. I told the officer, he lifted the bonnet and there sitting on top of the running enging was a large piazza in a box!!!!!!!!!!!!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

:smt042
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

godinoz wrote:I wont name the incident, or where, but it was a long one and when I was leaving I noticed the bonnet on a wapol vehicle wasn't shut. I told the officer, he lifted the bonnet and there sitting on top of the running enging was a large piazza in a box!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhh classic.

Almost as good as what the old steam train drivers used to do on long trips - they were quite inventive with alternative uses for the bloody big fire keeping the steam up. For an engine driver to be able to cook bacon'n'eggs without ever stepping off the footplate is a real show of talent :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

GC101 wrote:danny when is TE204 hitting the streets again? been out of action for ages!! ashame considering its one of WAPOL's best cars!!
Should be back in action shortly, hopefully maybe even this coming week :)

The LED lights do make it one of the best looking WAPOL cars, and it is a beast to drive
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I flicked through and through and through and saw crap all pics O.o and alot of crying going on more pics would be awesome :D when i go up north i'll take some snap pics if possible my uncle and brother inlaw are both stationed up north for the wapol.

BTW sirenco fit the sirens and lightbars and are on a major road so you cant really miss them lol but most of the fitting is done offsite anyways.
elm

Post by elm »

Tom wrote:Image

Tom
Gee, they should polish those lightcaps...you lose a helluva lot light through murky caps.

And maybe stick some strobes or LED Modules in there.

Yes, I believe that the Vector is the ultimate lightbar......
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Great pic Tom, could make it a screensaver with the city in the background. 8)
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The murkyness is due to them being old. When a car is replaced, an older lightbar from another vehicle put on it
elm

Post by elm »

Rockjet wrote:In fact...
[img][img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z171 ... esktop.jpg[/img][/img]
Nice "Screenshot" you made there :lol:

@Schism_
Yep, I know that. The outside of the caps are just scratched to bits through years of use, and the sund beating down on them.
But I know of other police departments in Europe that 'refurbish' their lightbars, ie polish the caps and stick strobes or LED modules in them.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Towns I have been in, officers have taken it upon thereselves to take the tops off not only to clean them, but to replace bulbs etc. Here's a picture where I'm sure officers have swapped the covers over :P

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Schism_ wrote:Towns I have been in, officers have taken it upon thereselves to take the tops off not only to clean them, but to replace bulbs etc. Here's a picture where I'm sure officers have swapped the covers over :P

whats the deal with this light bar sequence being: red, blue, red, clear, blue, red, blue....

wheres the other picture has a sequence of: blue, blue, blue, clear, red, red, red...

is there any reason.. or do i look to closely?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

donks wrote:
Schism_ wrote:Towns I have been in, officers have taken it upon thereselves to take the tops off not only to clean them, but to replace bulbs etc. Here's a picture where I'm sure officers have swapped the covers over :P

whats the deal with this light bar sequence being: red, blue, red, clear, blue, red, blue....

wheres the other picture has a sequence of: blue, blue, blue, clear, red, red, red...

is there any reason.. or do i look to closely?
Many studies have actually been done as to what sequence lights should be in when it comes to vector light bars.

This sequence was chosen for the country because of the awesomeness factor.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I think it's something an officer has done simply because of how he thought it would look better. :P