(Removed)

For sale, wanted to buy and swap

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

rustynswrail

(Removed)

Post by rustynswrail »

Removed.
Last edited by rustynswrail on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richard omeara

Re: FS: VHF (66-88 MHz) Handheld Transceiver with extras

Post by richard omeara »

Does it have UHF also.If so i would be very interested.
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

richard omeara wrote:Does it have UHF also.If so i would be very interested.
It is a single band radio only.

R
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Also note, there are NO frequencies in the 66-88 Mhz range that you can transmit on without a valid license. Can get yourself in a bit of strife even having one of these without a good reason :)
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

Fastlane wrote:Also note, there are NO frequencies in the 66-88 Mhz range that you can transmit on without a valid license. Can get yourself in a bit of strife even having one of these without a good reason :)
Thank you. Now I am sure you could find a little old lady that needs help crossing the road.

R
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Rusty,

Fastlane's comment is accurate. As a forum that promotes responsible radio use, it's an important point to make.

It would certainly be unfortunate if someone were to purchase a radio, use it incorrectly and suffer some legal consequences.

By the same token, the radio could be useful for someone who is allowed to transmit on those frequencies - so it's definitely a case of "know what you're doing".
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

Zebedee wrote:Rusty,
Fastlane's comment is accurate. As a forum that promotes responsible radio use, it's an important point to make. It would certainly be unfortunate if someone were to purchase a radio, use it incorrectly and suffer some legal consequences. By the same token, the radio could be useful for someone who is allowed to transmit on those frequencies - so it's definitely a case of "know what you're doing".
Whether they are valid or not is NOT the point.

If he, you or anyone else has an issue with this radio, then take issue with every other transceiver, irrespective of band or frequency coverage, advertised on this forum.

I submit it is not his role to police the radio bands or the equipment used thereon. Or indeed this forum. In other words, politely mind his own business.

Consider the ad pulled.

R
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Rusty,
We don't have an issue with the sale of the radio through the board, unfortunately there are those that don't realise the differences between frequencies (read question about UHF channels), and some further that won't realise the ramifications. What fastlane is warning that because it's not advertised to a particular group someone may purchase it and do the wrong thing. If I was to sell my HAM radio I would target the ad to amateur's or amateur hopefulls, therefore it is not a case of he's poking his nose in someone else's business, he is providing fair warning to those that don't understand.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

That was fun.How to kill a sale?
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

richard omeara wrote:That was fun. How to kill a sale?
Yes work well. Nothing like a mob mentality.

R
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Let me take this opportunity to say that I have known rustynswrail for over 20 years, and there are few people in this country more knowledgeable about scanning than him.

There would be no-one more aware of responsible - and legal - radio use, and no-one more eager to promote responsible - and legal - radio use.

I think rustynswrail would be of the opinion that ultimately, each and every one of us is responsible for our own behaviour with either a scanner or a transceiver: be aware of what your equipment's capable of, and use it within the law.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Steve wrote:Let me take this opportunity to say that I have known rustynswrail for over 20 years, and there are few people in this country more knowledgeable about scanning than him.

There would be no-one more aware of responsible - and legal - radio use, and no-one more eager to promote responsible - and legal - radio use.

I think rustynswrail would be of the opinion that ultimately, each and every one of us is responsible for our own behaviour with either a scanner or a transceiver: be aware of what your equipment's capable of, and use it within the law.
Steve,
Read above, we're not saying he's being irresponsible, nor are we saying he can't advertise the radio. However to assist those that think they might just pick it up for cb comms it has been mentioned that a license is required. That is all, nobody has had a problem with what he has previously sold or is selling. Certainly it is up to the buyer to know what they are buying, but it doesn't hurt to advise potential buyers that if they are not licensed they could land themselves in trouble.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Better to sell such things to the educated than the ignorant (and more responsible too, in fact).
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: (Removed)

Post by Zebedee »

Consider this then to be an educational experience - while we have the for-sale section here as a service to forum members, there are laws regarding the use of radio transmitters that need to be kept in mind.

As usual though, there's a whole heap of huffing and puffing that simply wasn't necessary, so it's probably better that the item was removed from here since it seems that the board doesn't meet the seller's expectations.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.