SOLD

For sale, wanted to buy and swap

Moderators: vk6hgr, Zebedee

Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

SOLD

Post by Ambul8 »

I have for sale my Garmin GPS 76. This is a great GPS unit which was mainly used in the car mounting bracket with very little use "outside". The unit is in excellent condition (it has 1 small scratch on face) and I am only selling it due to my recent acquisition of a TomTom. The unit was mainly used plugged into my laptop running with OziExplorer.

The unit is supplied with all original packing plus the quick start guide and full instruction manual. As a bonus it also includes:

* Car Mounting Bracket (does need new double sided tape)
* GPS - Serial Comm Cable
* USB - Serial & Parallel Adapter (RRP $59)

Selling for $289 PM me for any enquiries

This unit retails for $389

Here is the sales guff......

The ALL-in-ONE GPS from Garmin.
It floats, it's got memory for upload of map positions, it has a large screen, and it's got worldwide navigation aids.

The GPS76 12 channel waterproof hand-held will appeal to heavy duty users and professionals alike- offshore and on. Area measurement for farming and other rural applications. Area measurement is simple and fast. Just walk, drive or ride around the perimeter to be measured, press a button, and there you have it. A really productive feature for farmers, botanists, agronomists, graziers, oyster and fish culture, salt-works... etc etc.

New technology includes a built-in quadrifilar antenna for superior reception (external aerial is optional), The GPS76 is also compatible with the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), which means you will get even greater location accuracy (where WAAS is operational). View your location on a large, sharp, four-level grayscale screen for excellent separation and contrast. Be aware with the audible alrms for waypoints, hazards, and anchor.

# Built-in quad helix receiving antenna.
# High-contrast FSTN, gray scale (180 x 240 pixels) display.
# Backlit display and keypad
# Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required.
# Water resistant, IEC-529, IPX7 (Submersible 1 meter @ 30 minutes) and floatable.
# 500 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes.
# Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, and user grid.
# Audible alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, and clock.
# "Large numbers" option for easy viewing.
# 1 MB internal memory for loading MapSource� Points of Interest data.
# Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more.
# Automatic track log; 10 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions.
# Course and speed filtering.
# Built-in celestial tables for best time to fish, plus sun and moon calculations.

GPS 76 SPECIFICATIONS

Plotter/Moving Map Features

Database: Factory preloaded with Marine Point Database (Pacific).
MapSource®: Accepts up to 1 megabyte of data from the optional MapSource Points of Interest CD (USA only)**

Navigation Features
Waypoints: 500 with name and graphic symbol, 10 nearest (automatic), 10 proximity
Routes: 50 reversible routes with up to 50 points each, plus MOB and TracBack® modes
Tracks: Automatic track log; 10 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions
Trip computer: Current Speed, average speed, resettable max. speed, trip timer and trip distance
Alarms: Anchor drag, approach and arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, shallow water and deep water
Tables: Built-in celestial tables for best times to fish and hunt; sun and moon rise, set, and location
Map Datums: More than 100 plus user datum
Position format: Lat/Lon, UTM/UPS, Maidenhead, MGRS, Loran TDs and other grids, including user grid

Performance
Receiver: WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position

Acquisition Times
Warm: Approx. 15 seconds
Cold: Approx. 45 seconds
AutoLocate®: Approx. 5 minutes
Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
Accuracy: Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical*
Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
DGPS (USCG) Accuracy: Position: 3-5 meters, 95% typical*

GPS (WAAS) accuracy
Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical*
Dynamics: 6g's

Interfaces

RS232 with NMEA 0183, RTCM 104 DGPS data format and proprietary

Antenna: Built-in quadrifilar
Differentia: DGPS (USCG and WAAS capable)

Physical Size: 6.9 x 15.7 x 3.05 cm (2.7"W x 6.2"H x 1.2"D)
Weight: 225 g (7.7 ounces)
Display: 4.1 x 5.6 cm (1.6"W x 2.2"H)
180 x 240 pixels, high-contrast
FSTN with bright backlighting

Case

Fully gasketed, high impact plastic alloy, waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
Temp. Range: -15°C to 70°C (5°F to 158°F)

Power
Memory Backup: Indefinite, no memory battery required
Power: External Power, 8-35V;
Two "AA" batteries (not included)
Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage