Channel 7 Repeater (Mandurah) - What Happened?

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Rusty_Nail
Amateur callsign: WYC681
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UH090 Uhf - Base Station
UH076sx - Handheld 5W Uhf
UH075 - Handheld 5W Uhf
Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah - AM, LSB and USB 27Mhz
Uniden Bearcat Handheld Scanner
Uniden Bearcat Base Station Scanner

Channel 7 Repeater (Mandurah) - What Happened?

Post by Rusty_Nail »

Hello all

I've been off the air for a couple of years now, but have blown the dust of my radio's again and am back in business.
Much to my horror - I was not able to access Channel 7 repeater in Mandurah, but could hit channel 4, 6 and of course 3.
Where has it gone? and why?

:shock:
Rusty Nail - WYC681
Mandurah, Western Australia

*Help us get Mandurah Ch7 Repeater back up!
VK6DF

Re: Channel 7 Repeater (Mandurah) - What Happened?

Post by VK6DF »

Channel 7 has been relocated from Pinjarra to a house in Mandurah area.
According to the ACMA site its now licensed or a site in Collie, whether its been located there or not im not sure. I dont live in Perth any more.
Rusty_Nail
Amateur callsign: WYC681
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UH090 Uhf - Base Station
UH076sx - Handheld 5W Uhf
UH075 - Handheld 5W Uhf
Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah - AM, LSB and USB 27Mhz
Uniden Bearcat Handheld Scanner
Uniden Bearcat Base Station Scanner

Post by Rusty_Nail »

Channel 7 repeater has been taken down unfortunatley, I'm not sure why, something to do with not being able to form a repeater group. It now sits in someone's shed collecting dust.

I found out on the weekend from some users of Channel 3.
Rusty Nail - WYC681
Mandurah, Western Australia

*Help us get Mandurah Ch7 Repeater back up!
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

Post by vk6hsv »

From the Horses mouth....

The Mandurah & Districts Repeater Group where unable to get enough members as most of their members where in the higher age bracket and did not have the time or money to dedicate to the cause. As a Result the repeater was listed for sale. The Northside Radio Association inc (The NRA) put in a bid for the purchase of the License and equipment and took ownership of MTJ07 Repeater in late 2008.

Unfortunately in late 2009 the private property where the repeater was located was sold and the new owners informed The NRA that they had 30 days to remove the Tower & equipment. Subsequently the rusted tower, water logged antenea's and coax and repeater with makeshift cavities that could not be properly tuned for use as a CB repeater where removed from the site.

In early 2010 after much groundwork a new home for MTJ07 was found however a vindictive CB operator who seems hell bent on causing trouble for The NRA went to the ACMA and regestered a repeater approx 5km's from the location The NRA planned to move MTJ07 to. To this date this other user has still not opened a repeater at this site and would appear for all intensive purposes simply listed the repeater here to block The NRA.

Late 2010 and The NRA has FINALLY secured ANOTHER new location for MTJ07 which will be much more beneficial to the Mandurah community & CB community at large and are in the process of raising funds in order to establish the MTJ07 repeater at this new site.

The NRA has already purchased a New Cavity filter and repeater equipment all that remains now is to raise funds to finally get onto the location and then continue to raise funds in order to pay the yearly rental fee's in order to keep MTJ07 at its new home in Mandurah.

Hope this has answered your question and if you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to ask.

If you would like to help The NRA raise much needed funds to establish MTJ07 at her new home and support the other 3 CB repeaters & 1 Amateur Repeater The NRA own and maintain please visit http://www.nra.org.au and become a member for $12 a year or purchase a raffle ticket $1ea all details on the website.

Happy TXing

Arthur Thompson VK6HSV
President
The Northside Radio Association Inc.
http://www.nra.org.au
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...