Gday all

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
bakerboy

Gday all

Post by bakerboy »

gday guys just signed up to have a bit of a look-see, im running a cheapo uniden uh012 and a very old school AM (SSB and LSB) CB, was just wondering if anyone frequents the AM channels and if so what channels? would love to see how the old AM goes

anyways cheers guys, Cam
radiotech

Re: Gday all

Post by radiotech »

Welcome mate! I think you'd find more people using LSB or USB as opposed to AM for obvious reasons. Others over in WA might be able to help you further, I don't think you'll get any use out of the Uniden but the old door stop might be of some use if it's setup properly! :)
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

radiotech wrote:Welcome mate! I think you'd find more people using LSB or USB as opposed to AM for obvious reasons.
lol you will have to state the obvious reasons, im new to it all so any info is greatly aprreciated
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

You get "skip" on USB/LSB and can talk over a long range, im sure you already know. noone uses AM anymore...
UHF CB is the new AM, but unfortunatly UHF CB is full of tools...
and radiotech is right, a UH-012 wont get you far, unless your resenabley close to a repeater station.

A repeater station recieves your transmission, and re-transmitts it over a wider area, they are usually on high points in the land to get the best coverage.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

nra555 wrote:You get "skip" on USB/LSB and can talk over a long range, im sure you already know. noone uses AM anymore...
UHF CB is the new AM, but unfortunatly UHF CB is full of tools...
kk that i know, was just wondering if any guys on here still tinker with it, if so are you on USB or LSB and what channel

i just use my uhf for 4wding lol i know its not flash but it does my job atm