Motorola GP339

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
bushfirey83

Motorola GP339

Post by bushfirey83 »

Hi, I have been trying to program my GP339 I downloaded the software ( GP 328/338 ver R06.01.00 az ) and got the cable. When I go to read the radio, it turns off then says that this model radio is not supported and the application does not support reading this file. I am only new to this, can anyone help at all?
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Motorola GP339

Post by nra555 »

RSS doesnt like the codeplug format?
try reading it using different software or try using the software to read another radio.
im no tech, but just what i would try.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
radiotech

Re: Motorola GP339

Post by radiotech »

bushfirey83 wrote:Hi, I have been trying to program my GP339 I downloaded the software ( GP 328/338 ver R06.01.00 az ) and got the cable. When I go to read the radio, it turns off then says that this model radio is not supported and the application does not support reading this file. I am only new to this, can anyone help at all?
You downloaded the software? Let's hope Motorola don't find the website it came from! [-o<
I've got a copy of the same software, it got sent to me alongside a programming cable that I purchased on eBay.

A common issue with programming Motorola radio's is that you need the same version of the software that the radio was previously programmed with, or newer, in order for it to "say hello" to the radio. If it's an older version of software your using then the symptoms are similar to those of which you are experiencing. All I can suggest is that you try a newer version of the software, if you can find it...