CB is dead

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Reevesy

CB is dead

Post by Reevesy »

Seriously, I do believe this at times. I cant even have a conversatiion these days without some derro coming on and being a tosser interupting everyone. I seriously dont even turn the unit on sometimes because there is so much bullshit they say on there I can have it on when I have other people in the car. Does anyone have this problem also?
Cheers. Reevesy
yorky

Re: CB is dead

Post by yorky »

Reevesy wrote:Seriously, I do believe this at times. I cant even have a conversatiion these days without some derro coming on and being a tosser interupting everyone. I seriously dont even turn the unit on sometimes because there is so much bullshit they say on there I can't have it on when I have other people in the car. Does anyone have this problem also?
I don't listen to the repeaters anymore because of it, I just scan simplex for the heck of it. Get the occasional traffic update but car to car/truck doesn't go very far...
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Yep, in fact that came up in a discussion I was having on Tuesday night.

CB is great for simplex use - a few cars in convoy for example. Or out in the country areas where people seem generally a bit more civilised.

But in and around Perth, it's just a haven for idiots. You certainly couldn't have your CB on a repeater channel in the car if there were kids around with some of the things that get said.

{PLUG}Of course, if you get your Foundation amateur licence, you can leave those problems behind!{/PLUG}

;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

Unfortunately the only I use the good 'ol CB is when I am out in the country. I would love to use the CB in the city but its like going on the internet and getting heaps of spam and stuff. I want to listen to conversations...not two derro blokes swearing at each other to make themselves seem like heros. I dont need it, so I dont use it. Hopefully when the skip cycle starts to peak on the 27MHz CB I will jump back on that instead of UHF CB.
Cheers. Reevesy
SOL

CB in Perth

Post by SOL »

Same thing happened on the old 27mHz :(
Couldn't hold a conversation without some XXXXX trying to give you the shits.
It got to the point where vigilantes groups formed to find the dead heads and take action. Only problem was that they were as bad as the doods they were after.
I found the best and most effective way to deal with the turkeys is not to argue, talk or ridicule them just ignore them or change channel. These people get their fun through anonymous confrontation. It really gets them if you terminate them or totally ignore them.
I think as most of you realise the only way to solve the problem is to take the plunge do some study and go for an amature licence.
Have a good one!
Sol
:D
Noel Taylor
Robb

Post by Robb »

I think the features today on UHF CB can stop the rubbish that is sent over the air waves. For 2 way comm you can easily turn on the CTCSS which will stop others. However if your just listening then yes expect the bogans to be on there talking rubbish.
Happy scanning,

Robb Wise,
Scanning Tasmania
www.scanningtasmania.org
Uniden UBC9000XLT & UBCD 996 & 396T. Icom RX7. SW: Sangean ATS 505 & 909