UHF CB 4 Millendon

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
VK6DF

UHF CB 4 Millendon

Post by VK6DF »

UHF CB 4 is now up and running and i guess we should start a thread for general info about it, comments, signal checks etc.

The Repeater is run by Northside Radio Association Inc and is Located in Millendon (midland area)

It would be good to know just how well it gets out, so in your travels select channel 4 and take note of area and signal strength

Acceptable signal readings are but not limited to RSSI, bar scale's (Uniden) dBm, uV, 0 - 9+ (GME electrophone) and 00-99 (Philips prm80)

Site details can be found here http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/licen ... NO=1901336
yorky

Post by yorky »

Nice hill. (Sorry just driving down that road now on Google Street View).

Was in Warwick tonight, parked, coming through clear. In fact driving that way from the city it was clear most of the way.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Very nice, I will have to fire up my handheld and see how it goes.

Can someone help with my question? Click picture :)
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

PER04

Post by vk6hsv »

Yes thats it Bonez, there are some pics on the NRA web site of the antenea going up, its a 100m mast and PER04 folded dipole array is about 50m up using LDF-550

Radio checks so far confirmed as far south as Bunbury & Williams, Far North as Cataby so far

Would love to find out if its getting out East at all.

:twisted:
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

Im impressed with it, I use a Portable for cb when im in the work car and coverage seems to be pretty darn good. Good to see a cb repeater is using half decent antenna and coax cable. and for an 815 ( i believe) it sounds very nice. Tops to the NRA for that one.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Hey George,

This repeater seems to be getting out extremely well. Unfortunately I can't get it from home in Clarkson (nor can I get channel 1 for that matter) because i'm down in a big hollow, but driving around the general clarkson area I can get it from the car with a mag base on the roof. In some places it comes through better than PER01 but not always.

I drove out to Muchea yesterday and pretty much from Banksia Grove onwards (heading out Joondalup Drive/Neaves road) it was 9+ on my GME TX6000 connected to the mag base.

I am heading to Cataby on Wednesday so I will do a decent test and see how far it gets out. There's also a nice big lookout/hill at Cataby which I will try and head up to on Wednesday night and see if I can get back in to PER04.

So far it seems fantastic, when I was on there yesterday there were people from Thornlie and Canningvale talking on it, and they sounded like they were in my house. Very good :)

Will keep you posted :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fantastic, might start using my CB more if there's a local repeater!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
PRC-495

Loud and clear!

Post by PRC-495 »

Been tuning into the new repeater alot. Working well george and hopefully you and me will have a yarn on there soon 035 bonez. Still haven't yet heard an iden but deffinantly getting out well. have responded to many radio checks from rockingham, bunbury and even further south.

Keep it up ;)
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
VK6DF

Re: UHF CB 4 Millendon

Post by VK6DF »

Anyone know whats going on with this repeater, it doesnt seem to be working. I have been to and from Perth for a couple months and it doesnt seem to have been up for a while.
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

Post by vk6hsv »

Should be operational in the next few weeks, our techy is just putting the finishing touches on it.... :twisted:
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

Not darren is it. dont let that back yard tech touch it haha :) still got those can's. alittle too far now but i still got em.
Uniden_Handheld
Amateur callsign: Erasmuz
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UH720SX-NB UHF Handheld CB Radio

Post by Uniden_Handheld »

Edit: Double post removed
Last edited by Uniden_Handheld on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uniden_Handheld

Hello, I can send/receive via this repeater just fine in South Guildford (near the airport), it's very clear.

Is there a closer repeater on this channel (4) & channel 5?

I ask because I'm using a little 2-watt handheld and going by the manufacturers specs it shouldn't be possible for me to transmit back to the repeater in Millendon from where I am.

At best if we had LOS to anywhere (we don't) it would be 50% further then the maximum spec, and without LOS it is transmitting 2x as far as it theoretically should.

This is my first CB though so please forgive my ignorance.
yorky

Post by yorky »

And that's definitely with the handheld in repeater mode for that channel?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Uniden_Handheld

yorky wrote:And that's definitely with the handheld in repeater mode for that channel?
Indeed!