WTH??

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Norty

WTH??

Post by Norty »

Hi guys,

ive just recently got back into uhf cb..

what the hell happened to it..

I remember great times chatting with friends on both simplex and via the repeaters, most people used their legal callsigns the ones that didnt were tolerated as we knew who they were anyway..

Now i tune into uhf ch3 repeater.. it's almost as bad as i remember the a.m. cb radio days, and seems to be exclusively used by truckdrivers with mouths as dirty as a drunk teenager in hay st mall.

from the short listen i did to uhf 1 and uhf 8, they also seem to be inhabited and frequented by the mentally weak and vocabulary challenged.

I tried to have a chat with a friend on uhf 16 the other day only to be told that it was a "company channel" and was (not so politely) told to go away.

I know a lot of my friends have sadly passed, I didnt know that sanity had been abandoned on the airways also.

it looks like r.i.p. to the good old days too.

:(

wac560
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

Sad Times

Post by vk6hsv »

Hi Norty,

Welcome Back To UHF CB, Unfortunately around 6 or 7 years ago UHF was INVADED by drug using, trailer park people on a mass scale that moved from 27Mghz, Unfortunately the cost of UHF CB's dropped dramaticly and UHF become within reach of every centrelink man and his dog.

Also cashed up companies trying to make a buck buy their workers CB's and say here you have your own channel go play. Which we all know isnt the case but thats what they assume.

Sad Times indeed.

Wish things could change but unfortunately if you want Sanity, grab yourself a foundation license.

VK6HSV :roll:
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...