PER08 Repeater

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

PER08 Repeater

Post by Night_Ryder »

Hey all!

Whats up with the Perth Channel 8 repeater? It appears to be working off and on. Its sooo annoying.

Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?

It should be fixed ASAP as idiots are starting to use the Channel 5 Repeater for conversations and speaking rubbish to each other. Yes I do know it costs time and money to fixed but I guess if your going to set it up and run it than you should maintain it...
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
WPXZBP

Re: PER08 Repeater

Post by WPXZBP »

Night_Ryder wrote:It should be fixed ASAP as idiots are starting to use the Channel 5 Repeater for conversations and speaking rubbish to each other. Yes I do know it costs time and money to fixed but I guess if your going to set it up and run it than you should maintain it...
Why not take it up with the owner of the repeater? Whinging about it here isn't going to solve the problem.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

I would...except I dont know who the owner is...

Dude I am willing to help pay for the maintenance.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Try the ACMA database at http://www.acma.gov.au.

Oh, and don't call me dude. (Those who know early 1990s music will understand...)
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: PER08 Repeater

Post by vk6hgr »

Night_Ryder wrote: Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?
Seems to be working fine...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

PER08 Owner

Post by vk6hsv »

Hi There

The repeater is working fine thanks, You can visit http://www.nra.org.au to find out about the owners of PER08.

Also If you havent already become a member of The NRA Membership is only $12 a year (Longer meberships are available) and your membership fees go towards the cost of the rental of the roof space where the repeater is currently located. The NRA is currently looking for any new members that can help out by becoming a member.
If UHF Operators wish to keep PER08 operational in its current locating then please help out. Details are available on the web site http://www.nra.org.au

Thank you, Your help is greatly appreciated.

VK6HSV
President
The Northside Radio Association Inc. (NRA)

:twisted:
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

gee's i remember installing that in the city... then de-installing it. then getting a phone call a couple months later asking how to install it again..

its a pitty about the site its at, now that woodside and bhp etc have built around it shaddowing the site. but i guess it does the job. and the theory is good. 1 rep north, 1 central and 1 south.. then you have CB7 in dawsville that has about 50m coverage.

vk6hsv.. when will NRA buy out the ch3 rep group and manopilize the cb rep's just like another person we know once did.
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

Not A Monopoly

Post by vk6hsv »

The NRA will NEVER try and undermine or buy out the Perth CB Repeater Group, The NRA is in fact working closely with the PCRG to make sure Perth repeaters are well operated and maintained and kept to optimal operation. A far cry from the way the way the repeaters where mis treated and used for tools of spite & profiteering by their previous owners and maintainers.

The NRA's aim is not to monopolise the repeaters only to ensure they are online for the community to use.

-PER08 gets out alot better now & doesnt drop in & out without warning :)
-PER01 Works alot better when not tuned to 500mw TX ;)
-PER03 isnt 2xGME3200's back to back anymore :lol:

Long Live The NRA & PCRG :twisted:
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

PER 08 - use to drop out because of a certain person having the phone number and loved to sh1t people off :) still with all the filtering in line to protect it and using a shared antenna array it does the job i guess.. could have been improved but you try getting approval to do rigging work on that site now.. thnk god im not involved any more!

PER 01 - Well who was to blame for that 500mW txer.. wasnt it a 30yo radio anyway????

PER 03 - so the TX3200's back to back are out and something else is in (SMR'S???) atleast the Ident would work properly and actually key up the TXer when identifying and not relient on a user keying up the repeater.. and the Audio wasnt all over the place. I suggest 1 reg Technician who sets it up right the first time. Have the antenna's been replaced along with 20yo water filled LDF4-50 or was that refused because the mast is deemed unsafe to climb?

PER 04 ??? how long now? would you like some diplexors? maybe a KG110 repeater with CSI 3850 tone pannel/ Ident unit?
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

VK6 NDT wrote:PER 08 - use to drop out because of a certain person having the phone number and loved to sh1t people off :) still with all the filtering in line to protect it and using a shared antenna array it does the job i guess.. could have been improved but you try getting approval to do rigging work on that site now.. thnk god im not involved any more!

PER 01 - Well who was to blame for that 500mW txer.. wasnt it a 30yo radio anyway????

PER 03 - so the TX3200's back to back are out and something else is in (SMR'S???) atleast the Ident would work properly and actually key up the TXer when identifying and not relient on a user keying up the repeater.. and the Audio wasnt all over the place. I suggest 1 reg Technician who sets it up right the first time. Have the antenna's been replaced along with 20yo water filled LDF4-50 or was that refused because the mast is deemed unsafe to climb?

PER 04 ??? how long now? would you like some diplexors? maybe a KG110 repeater with CSI 3850 tone pannel/ Ident unit?
Why bother, it's CB! If you give them another repeater they just have another channel to transmit garbage on!
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

Less chance of them coming on to Amateur bands then :) plus iv got gear that i want to get rid off.