Programming the ICOM IC400 pro

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Icom-Luke

Programming the ICOM IC400 pro

Post by Icom-Luke »

Could someone send me instructions on how to program the channels if I want to use them on a license network as I have bought 2x IC 4oo pro for mine site as I am a contractor and have the gear to do it myself (It came with the package of the two units) I have software and the cable PLZ HELP ME

cheers
Luke

rhu86308@bigpond.net.au
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Hi Luke

This group might help

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/ic400pro
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

thanks for that is it very hard to do it?
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Not if you have some patience and half a brain. It takes a little while to get your head around it but once you know what you are doing, it's fairly simple.
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

ok no problems could you copy and paste the info as my PC is not letting me sign up to that forum you send me, Im sorry but it would really help me out.

Thanks very much

Luke

rhu86308@bigpond.net.au
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

No, i'm sorry - I can't do that
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

anyone else that can actually help me at all?

thanks Luke
APCO 25 Encrypted

Post by APCO 25 Encrypted »

Well according to your first post you have everything you need. The radios, the programming cable and the software !

Whats so hard about programming these radios ? Power up the radio, connect the programming cable, run the software and read the radio...

You will now have a screen showing you the programming inside the radio. Just reprogram the channels and frequencies you want. Its simple.

Try programming Motorola XTS3000 and XTS5000 digital handheld radios, LOL, you think the IC400 is hard, you have no idea. Its a walk in the park.
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

Yes mate I know its easy I have programmed things into it fine Im asking how to activate them to Transmit I can get channels to listen but require to transmit on these frequencies that what Im asking help on.

sorry for the confussion

Luke
APCO 25 Encrypted

Well without seeing your authorisation to transmit on the sites channels, i will not instruct you any further regarding programming the radio to transmit.
Last edited by APCO 25 Encrypted on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

gee this forum is really full of difficult people I choose not to use it any further
APCO 25 Encrypted

No thats not the case at all. Put simply:

1 - You claim to know how to program the radio to RX only
2 - You claim that you are authorised to TX on the channels
3 - You claim that you dont know how to program it to TX

All of this makes it sound as though you are trying to program the radio to TX on channels that you are unauthorised to be on.

Look at it from our point of view, none of your posting makes any sense whatsoever.

I simply asked for some proof that you are authorised to TX on the channels and i will happily give you step by step instructions on how to do it but as it stands, it all seems a bit fishy.

GIVE ME PROOF YOU ARE AUTHORSIED AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE RADIO TRANSMIT ON THE CORRECT CHANNELS/FREQUENCIES.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Icom-Luke wrote:Yes mate I know its easy I have programmed things into it fine Im asking how to activate them to Transmit I can get channels to listen but require to transmit on these frequencies that what Im asking help on.

sorry for the confussion

Luke
what kinda channels do you wanna TX on? im hoping UHF?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

It sounds like Luke is an impatient 15 year old kid who has no idea about what he's trying to do and is just hoping that someone will hold his hand and make it all happen.

The yahoo group is there for your help. Read the archives, ask questions, there's PLENTY of people there who can help.

There's also plenty of people here who can help too, but we aren't going to tie your shoelaces for you or teach you how to do something you aren't authorised to do.
APCO 25 Encrypted

Yes, i tend to agree with you bonez as i have asked him several questions regarding the channels and if he has authorisation and he does not respond. Probably some young kid wanting to TX on police channels.