Programming the ICOM IC400 pro

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

ive had a look at the software for the 400pro , and i got the hang of it inside 30 seconds even though im only 15 :D , so you think that a tech or anyone for that matter that has the authority to use these frequncies would have the mental capacity to figure out how to use the software properly , ive been told that its $10,000 fine or/and 2 years jail if you caught TXing on a emergency service frequncie without permission
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:ive been told that its $10,000 fine or/and 2 years jail if you caught TXing on a emergency service frequncie without permission
Actually, under the Radiocommunications Act, you can be fined and/or gaoled just for connecting a radio programmed for transmission on any frequencies you're not authorised for to an antenna.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

lol TX on police channels how stupid do you think I am I wouldnt even attempt that I told you straight up what I wanted it for but again people assume I am trying to do bad. And for the record I am not a 15 year old kid thankyou.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

vk6hgr wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:ive been told that its $10,000 fine or/and 2 years jail if you caught TXing on a emergency service frequncie without permission
Actually, under the Radiocommunications Act, you can be fined and/or gaoled just for connecting a radio programmed for transmission on any frequencies you're not authorised for to an antenna.
Very interesting... so if I have an all-mode-all-band amateur transciever, can I get in trouble for connecting it because it's programmed for bands that i'm not licensed on?

Grey area huh! :lol:
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Bonez wrote: Very interesting... so if I have an all-mode-all-band amateur transciever, can I get in trouble for connecting it because it's programmed for bands that i'm not licensed on?
Technically, yes. :lol:
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Icom-Luke

Post by Icom-Luke »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:ive had a look at the software for the 400pro , and i got the hang of it inside 30 seconds even though im only 15 :D , so you think that a tech or anyone for that matter that has the authority to use these frequncies would have the mental capacity to figure out how to use the software properly , TOOL, ive been told that its $10,000 fine or/and 2 years jail if you caught TXing on a emergency service frequncie without permission

Congrats on picking up in a 30 sec time frame even tho my question wasn't in regards on how to use the program it was how to TX a channel in regards to the quote "TOOL" I don't think there is any need for yourself to express your thoughts on the forum out loud best keep them to yourself and to everyone else I am not an idiot and don't wish to TX on any emergency service channel I simply asked to know for further knowledge and for the reason I put forward to the forum at the start of this Post
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

im just trying to say how easy it is to figure out.
do you know what inhabit means? or what about TX?
have you even had a look at help/trouble-shooting?

Some text deleted by admin due to its inappropriate nature.
vk5freq

Post by vk5freq »

i was not aware of the tx programming of the ic400 pro is it capable of tx mods
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Programming the ICOM IC400 pro

Post by nra555 »

Yes, the Icom IC-400pro is a commercial radio and can transmitt on UHF Commercial frequencies.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Re:

Post by Mug »

Icom-Luke wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:ive had a look at the software for the 400pro , and i got the hang of it inside 30 seconds even though im only 15 :D , so you think that a tech or anyone for that matter that has the authority to use these frequncies would have the mental capacity to figure out how to use the software properly , TOOL, ive been told that its $10,000 fine or/and 2 years jail if you caught TXing on a emergency service frequncie without permission

Congrats on picking up in a 30 sec time frame even tho my question wasn't in regards on how to use the program it was how to TX a channel in regards to the quote "TOOL" I don't think there is any need for yourself to express your thoughts on the forum out loud best keep them to yourself and to everyone else I am not an idiot and don't wish to TX on any emergency service channel I simply asked to know for further knowledge and for the reason I put forward to the forum at the start of this Post
I assume the fullstop key on your keyboard is broken?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Always RX

Re: Re:

Post by Always RX »

Mug wrote:I assume the fullstop key on your keyboard is broken?
I think what Mug actually meant to say was "could you please punctuate your sentances to make them a little bit easier to read".
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Programming the ICOM IC400 pro

Post by Zebedee »

Ouch. Old thread. Needs locking.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.