Channel 18 UHF CB

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Last edited by Lucas_arts_182 on Thu May 15, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VK6ZMS

Post by VK6ZMS »

Repeaters are fine as they are covered in section 8.
raymond999

Re: Channel 18 UHF CB

Post by raymond999 »

Bonez wrote:Hi all,

I was scanning on my handheld tonight and heard what appears to be some kind of a simplex repeater that is running on Channel 18. It has a acknowledgement tone when you key it up.

I asked for a radio check then asked who I was talking to and a person came back saying they were located in Perth.

Not long ago, I heard a rumor that there was some kind of illegal clone or similar setup of IRLP (http://www.irlp.net) running on UHF CB. Can anyone confirm if this is what I stumbled across?

Does anyone also know where the transmission is coming from? I was using a GME TX6000 5w handheld and am located in Hocking, northern suburbs. The signal was very weak but they could hear me ok.

Cheers
Bonez
No not for uhf cb radio
radiotech

Post by radiotech »

Visit www.archive.org and key in cbdomain.com - there is a historical page on there that goes into full detail on how to make a radio retransmit to another in the world using the internet. (I am having trouble connecting to the site at the moment or I would post the link to the article)
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Re: Legal Transmissions

Post by slipknot »

ConstableCare wrote:
Avtur50_exVet wrote:G'day,
This is run by my mate and it is 100% legal because my mate is a VK6 operator and this how you can QSO around the world anyone who does not conforms to the rules is muted by the owner of the gateway incidentally one has be setup in Kunnurra so if you get the software and register your callsign your on the air.
The mate who owns the repeater is Russ and he is on 17 UHF CB
Pat
Hiighly illegal. This form of Packet does not conform with the LCD's set by ACMA. The only form of Telemetry available to CBRS users is on Ch22/23 to control apparatus - not speech...

The old saying "One day your going to get caught..." springs to mind for some reason :lol:

Carry on boys - not long till the RI comes knockin!

Cheers, CC 8)
Oh Yes because its "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" because "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" is what everyone uses to describe something to do with radio communications. "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" of course. Yes , and i bet when they say its "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" it means its something that has been over exaggerated, especially on this forum. Even though the ACMA have said its not "HIGHLY ILLEGAL", its is still "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" and will always remain "HIGHLY ILLEGAL". until the warsug members say its not "HIGHLY ILLEGAL", and i do believe, its not "HIGHLY ILLEGAL". and the members of warsug will argue more about it then use it to talk to each other becuase apparently its "HIGHLY ILLEGAL"!.
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

I think someone hasn't had their daily dose...
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Clontarf[X] wrote:I think someone hasn't had their daily dose...
You my friend are a "troll" a "warsug stirrer".
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Now now, play nicely kids :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Ive had a listen in and it actualy sounds quite a nice community, It seems that if there are idiots who jump on and start being misbehaved, They can be Kicked off. apart fom all of the alogations that makes this whole thing sound "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" and a place that is supposeadly full of Criminals, it seems like a nice way to talk to people around perth and the WA Coast which is where i am for now. I find it usefull, and i only encourage others to use it and get involved. If you cant afford an ameture licence but you have a CB radio, Its a very nice alternitive. And please excuse my Spelling. 250 Posts YaY!
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

OH do you know what else? some person keeps playing marylon manson "the beatiful people" song over it. mind you the lyrics in that song are very harsh, eg "i dont want you , i dont need you , dont bother to resist or ill beat you". Thats terrible. Anyone elses thoughts?
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

That's CB for you.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Had to have a giggle at the two truckies who lobbed on this channel for a chat this morning at about 4am.....to find themselves in the middle of a conversation between two amateur radio operators that were exploring the UHF link/nodes/rooms etc etc , One operator was in Michigan USA and the Other here in Perth and the two were using correct radio etiquette, full callsigns and other amateur lingo... it took about 3 minutes until Truckie #1 broke in with "What the F**k is this s**t!!? ...listen to these F**ken wankers will ya!...Go up one Steve cos I aint listenin to this F**ken S**t all day......F**ken C**kheads!" :lol:
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

Considering the only income the ACMA get from CB is from repeater lic's and the odd foot print they leave in the ass of law breakers... its not very feasible to waist time and money on CB, to get next to no gain out of it. Its considered a 40ch free for all.
Let every1 go hell for leather then when it all turns to sh1t they only have them self's to blame.

Its when the CB'ers get off the straight and narrow and venture into commercial land and start to interfere with fee payers do the RI's start to crack down (and i must admit do a damn fine job at it too, with every job iv given them they have impressed me. and i dont give them the easy 1's)

So as for simplex repeaters etc on CB its not the first and wont be the last, and i think why not link a channel or 5 through the net around the country or world. only a + side for CB and maybe they will narrow band it and give you all 80ch to run a muck on.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

VK6 NDT wrote:Its when the CB'ers get off the straight and narrow and venture into commercial land and start to interfere with fee payers do the RI's start to crack down (and i must admit do a damn fine job at it too, with every job iv given them they have impressed me. and i dont give them the easy 1's)
Arthur/George...etc knows all about this :lol:
VK6DF

Post by VK6DF »

I didnt say any names :)