Post by slipknot »

Me either :lol:
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Re: Gateway Radio UHF

Post by slipknot »

Avtur50_exVet wrote:Well thank You for all that concurred with me on the Gateway Radio,
Maybe someone needs to make sure their brains in neutral before they select their mouth.
Pat
Yer! BTW I may want to let everyone aware of my intentions to stir everyone up during this heated massive argument. Everyone seems to be very very angry about this setup. I tell you what, becuase its so highly illegal, im going to get my Best freind to set up a link in harvey, and hopefully, he will get caught, Beaten, Arrested, Charged, and lashed Drugged and pinched for it. :D like that brizilian retard who came on one night and played japanese gatiar music.
radiotech

Post by radiotech »

radiotech wrote:Visit www.archive.org and key in cbdomain.com
Gotcha, http://web.archive.org/web/200310090519 ... /netcb.htm
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Re: Channel 18 UHF CB

Post by slipknot »

Right well, its been a few years now, has this system been torn down yet or not?
I cant connect to the server anymore using the software client.

Apparently, an announcement came in from the CB radio minister and he has said that the system must be shut down.

So....whats happening.....is it still up or is it ready to be torn down?

Becuase if it is ill be happy to help :D
Broadsword
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC92XLT
GME 1W Handheld UHF CB
UNIWA F40 Network Radio

Re: Channel 18 UHF CB

Post by Broadsword »

Raising an old and clearly sensitive one here.....with no desire to stoke any fire or arguments as it seems this topic has caused over the years.

This system/gateway was my first experience of using uhf cb. I stumbled upon it quite by chance when playing around with a new handset and heard an American accent booming through on CH17 with the operator stating he was in New York. I was in Port Hedland at the time (2007/2008). I had no idea what was going on but soon learnt that it was eqso with gateways dotted around the place.

The shame of it is, putting all the issues aside for a moment, is that it was a great community. All the regulars used good radio etiquette etc and some interesting topics were discussed. Really just like what I wish uhf cb would and should be.

I actually spoke to the NY station again quite recently on Zello by sheer chance.

I wonder if any of the old regulars still lurk on here??

Give me a shout on Zello if so.....”Perth Radio Group” is the channel to search for.

Cheers.
Broadsword (Calling Danny Boy.....of course)

Zello - Perth Radio Group
Zello - The Funkraum