This is just Stupid.CB radio is no longer going to be a hoby

For discussion of AM and UHF CB

Do you Think Cmercial Comapnies have The right to use our CB Frequencies (personal Opinion not law)

Yes Comercial companies should have all the right to tell us to get of "thier" channel
11%
No, we where here first, Its Citizen Band not Comercial Band, CB is a hobby not for comercials.
89%

Total votes: 38

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Muntadgin/Cramphorne BFS and Dumbleyung Shire also use UHF CB channel 5. (The U had peeled off in the pic below.)
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Post by slipknot »

WPXZBP wrote:Muntadgin/Cramphorne BFS and Dumbleyung Shire also use UHF CB channel 5. (The U had peeled off in the pic below.)

hmmmm, Yes it has hasn't it, i wounder why someone would want to do that. who ever thought that that would be any kind of a prank is very lame, that endangers lives.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Its possible it blew off when a truck went past. Probably the fire engine.
PRC-495

Post by PRC-495 »

Tyranus wrote:Who monitors channel 5. Why are emergencies being called over a cb radio and not on 000??
Some people sit on the side of chanel 5 repeater and if someone needs help and puts out a call, the sand bagers sometimes lend assistance to the occasional bogged 4x4 stranded somewhere. I have heard some of the local fire departments using the repeater for communication amoung their units aswell.
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

The simple CB or Slob Test

Post by slipknot »

Any one who calls a CB Radio a CB Radio, is a true CBist and respects CBists and the emergancy channel.

Anyone who calls it a "Two-Way" or "Two-Way Radio" or "talkie" or "walkie talkie" is a

CB Slobist, Definition: "An individual who uses a CB radio (citizen band) with disrespect, dose not know what it is, freely uses any channel for any purpose and dose not respect or has no knowlage of what a CBist or CB Radio is."
If you see one of those in your town, take thier radio and dismantle it ASAP!
PRC-495

Commercial users

Post by PRC-495 »

I don't tihnk that some of the commercial users of the CB understand radio edicate or know what channels are designated for sertain uses (e.g chnl 5 emerg RPT.) Commerical companys are meant to purchase their own commercial freq or RPT that they can use to communicate amoung workers. However some stingy companys use the CB which isn't right in my opinion since CB was created as a hobby to get out and talk with other users. Imagine what the CB would be like if every commercial company was on there. We would have bugger all channels to talk on? I say commercial companys needa stop being stingy haha. Get their own freq like they meant to. :lol:
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Commercial users

Post by vk6hgr »

PRC-495 wrote:I However some stingy companys use the CB which isn't right in my opinion since CB was created as a hobby to get out and talk with other users.
No, it wasn't. You're thinking of amateur radio. CB was created as a short-distance license free communications mode for business and personal use.

If you use CB you'll just have to come to terms with the fact that there are commercial operators there, and they have every right to be there.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

I appreciate everyone who has participated in this topic so far.

You know, i was on the phone to uniden the other day, and when i was on hold with the on hold music and voice over, the recording had a lady saying (and dont quote me) something like this

"we have a complete range of uhf handgheld radios for people looking to stay in touch, tradesmen, family and kids? to name but a few, just log on to our website"

noticed how they mentioned family , tradsmen and kids? KIDS?

Let me repeat that again

KIDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON CB RADIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they didnt even mention cb radio operators or hobbyests? (excuse my spelling).

what i propose and only becuase uniden is a major seller and cause of this whole propblem, is that we ask uniden australia to put a note in the new user manuals of these cb radios or "walkie talkies" as they like to disrespectfully call them, is some thing like

"please note that your radio uses the frequencies that CB radio operators and hobyests use. As you are a guest on thier channels, please respect them."
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote: "please note that your radio uses the frequencies that CB radio operators and hobyests use. As you are a guest on thier channels, please respect them."
<sigh> No matter how many times I try to explain it to you, you're just not going to understand.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

I understand you Gavin, im having second thoughts aswell, but this is diffenrt, this is to make peace, and make the comercials aware that they dont own any channel and they cant call the police. and they cant transmitt on channel 5 for thier work. (dickheads)

also, you know how you cant transsmit on 35 simplex? i think 35 itself should be blocked on all the new model radios. heaps of truckies do that, they transmitt on 35 simplex and then of course that up sets the repeater.

you can transmitt on 35 via channel 5 duplex of course , but not allowed to on 35 itself.

This should cut down most of the idiot talk on channel 5 emergancy repeater perth.
Matt the sparky

Post by Matt the sparky »

Here is some lite reading about radio communications.
http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pastea ... ns1992.pdf

and her is some more!

Use of Citizen Band Radio Repeater Stations
Under the class licence system, CB radio stations may operate through a CB repeater station in the UHF band.

Because UHF CB repeater stations are usually located at hilltop radiocommunication sites, their frequencies are co-ordinated with the frequencies of other radiocommunications services to prevent interference. They are required to be covered under separate apparatus licences, not a class licence.

When in range of a repeater station, CB operators must only use the repeater's assigned channels for the purpose of operating through that repeater.

Channels 1 to 8 are designated as repeater output channels, with channels 31 to 38 the corresponding designated repeater input channels. For example, a repeater that transmits on Channel 1 will always receive on Channel 31. When operated in duplex/repeater mode, the CB radio automatically selects corresponding transmit/receive frequencies.

Repeater channels may be used for single frequency communications where they are not used in the locality for repeaters. Channels 5 and 35, however, are dedicated for emergency communications only.

more cb rules can be found at: http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc= ... conditions

Food for thought!
Matt the sparky

Post by Matt the sparky »