Install help

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Ash R33

Install help

Post by Ash R33 »

Well gang i have been trying to install a uniden UH077 UHF CB in my car today.

I have wired it up but have not plugged the aerial in the back. When i turn it on the little screen that shows the channel it is on does not light up. But a few of the other lights come on. Could this be because the aerial isnt in the back? or could there be something stuffed inside it?

And how do you connect the wire that runs into the back of the UHF too that silver plug that screws onto the back?
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Install help

Post by vk6hgr »

Ash R33 wrote: I have wired it up but have not plugged the aerial in the back. When i turn it on the little screen that shows the channel it is on does not light up. But a few of the other lights come on. Could this be because the aerial isnt in the back? or could there be something stuffed inside it?
Hi Ash R33.

Which lights light up when you switch it on? Usually the power light will light and the channel will show channel 1. If you grab the Squelch (or SQL) knob and rotate it fully anticlockwise, do you get noise in the speaker?

If you happen to be around my area I'd be happy to have a quick look at it for you.
And how do you connect the wire that runs into the back of the UHF too that silver plug that screws onto the back?
Solder it on :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
PRC-495

Re: Install help

Post by PRC-495 »

Ash R33 wrote:Well gang i have been trying to install a uniden UH077 UHF CB in my car today.

I have wired it up but have not plugged the aerial in the back. When i turn it on the little screen that shows the channel it is on does not light up. But a few of the other lights come on. Could this be because the aerial isnt in the back? or could there be something stuffed inside it?

The lighting for the channel selector could be stuffed. Perhaps a once over will tell your problems. If your not sure what your looking for, best get a friend who knows a bit or a techie to check it over for you. :)

What your saying about how to connect the wire (coax) cable into the back of the radio, on the end of the coax (cable / wire) there should be a plug that has a circular adjustable screw type thing that you can screw back and forward, when you screw it back so that the pin on the end of the coax is showing, you can push that into the plug on the radio, then tighten it up so the coax is firmly connected to the back of the radio. Then you should be in business! :)
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495