NEW GME TX3220/3420/3440

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
orangepeel

NEW GME TX3220/3420/3440

Post by orangepeel »

Hi There

Been browsing around looking for a new UHF radio.

I have noticed that GME have/are releasing the new 3220/3420/3440 line of radios.

After looking thru their website, i found no information on the radio, but apparently there is a brief flyer floating aroud the internet and some stockest are listing the details of the units...

After looking into these radios, and ringing a few dealers, apparently GME have only relased the 3220 as the stock levels of the 3400 are still to high for them to release the 3420 and 3440 radios.

Does anyone know if any stores are actually starting to stock the 3420 or 3440 as either radio is the one that i am after for my 4wd.

Thank you for your time and i look forward to your thoughts on the new radios.
Pty

Post by Pty »

I think GME may be left with a few 3400's lying around the factory as most comms stores seem to be backlogged with orders for the 3420/3440 and now simply waiting for GME to release them.

I shall be be purchasing a 3440 :)

(i've seen them advertised for $420)
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

Let us know when anyone hears of them actually being realeased and for sale ....

As the people i talk to think weeks away - and that was weeks ago ...

So who knows ....
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

I now have the TX3420 and it seems to be a good unit. I was wondering if anyone has the software for the unit as yet - i am trying to change the SELCAL ID to something more suitable.

I asked the dealer and he said that he is awaiting the software ... so i thought that i would post it out there for some replies
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Oh wow. I've just seen a TX3440. Remote Head/Mic and user programmable options. (rare for GME until now - usually you have to get it done by the dealer).

http://www.gme.net.au/land/transceivers/tx3440.php

Definitely saving up the pennies now!
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
PRC-495

Re: NEW GME TX3220/3420/3440

Post by PRC-495 »

I havn't seen or heard of anything to do with this new model as of yet. Will keep my ears and eyes open for you though. :)
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
StreetBob

Post by StreetBob »

The last post on this was end of August, has anyone anymore info on price and availability?
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

I have the 3420 installed in my Prado

Great unit .... excellent 'scanning' range on the unit.

I pick up all that i want to listen too whilst driving.

I have the main unit installed well down hidden out of the way - and audion is still good, however i am trying to hook up the unit to XP for programming - even when i dont have a COM port - only USB.

Still trying to figure that one out - as i want to change the SELCAL ID.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

vk6hgr wrote:Oh wow. I've just seen a TX3440. Remote Head/Mic and user programmable options. (rare for GME until now - usually you have to get it done by the dealer).
Do you mean the extra user programmable channels that previously had to be done by the dealer, or are you referring to other 'user programmable' features?

The TX4400 had 20 extra recieve channels that could be programmed by the end user.

It looks like a nice radio :)
gwapo

Post by gwapo »

Bonez wrote:
vk6hgr wrote:Oh wow. I've just seen a TX3440. Remote Head/Mic and user programmable options. (rare for GME until now - usually you have to get it done by the dealer).
Do you mean the extra user programmable channels that previously had to be done by the dealer, or are you referring to other 'user programmable' features?

The TX4400 had 20 extra recieve channels that could be programmed by the end user.

It looks like a nice radio :)

I just picked up the TX3440 for $385inc to replace my 3400. The 3400 was a great unit but had to have the dealer to program channels. the 3440 is awesome thus far. i have hidden the main guts under my middle console and have the mic in the middle compartment so from the outside it looks like i have no uhf/scanner. The 3440 allows you to program whatever channel you want. when i turned the unit around on the back it was branded as a 3420. I thought i got stung but after checking the GME website it seems that the only difference from the 3420 and the 3440 is the mic and the weight.

you can compare the 2 at http://www.gme.net.au/land/transceivers/tx3420.php and http://www.gme.net.au/land/transceivers/tx3440.php

so if you have a 3420 and want the easy of having all your buttons on your mic you can try and just buying the mic seperate. also those who are thinking of buying a 3440 maybe pick up a 3420 on the cheap and see if you can get your hand on a 3440 mic. this is in my opinion only so take advice with caution.

Now to find all my channels again to reprogram them! woohoo 59 channels to program with! :D