CBers!

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

CBers!

Post by slipknot »

Hi everyone, I’m not trying to loud, lawd or lord (however you spell it) this thread over anyone but I was on Busselton beach yesterday at midday, and I was picking up police from Perth, plus I was picking up PER01. I could talk on it but. Same thing happened at a resort at Christmas night, I was picking up PER01 and tried to talk but as usual there are many idiots squashing and talking shit, and al that time I couldn’t be heard. Eventually I climbed up on a sand dune fence log and was able to just get through. None could believe I was coming from Busselton but I did get through. That is one thing to remember during nights of when inversions occur. I don’t know if you guys agree with this, but I believe that when someone say from Geraldton is trying to get too... say Bunbury Ch2 Repeater, I say that have first priority of speech since they are trying very hard to get through and hopefully make another successfully long distance communication to remember. Its the same is the sickest person gets the ambulance.

I must say it is incredible, but I guess my thread should focus on this:

"Please remember, during a night when there is an inversion, please be aware that people from miles away maybe trying to reach a repeater
Station that you are talking on and cant get through. If so please let them in, and if they ask for a radio check, please do grant them one. They may only want to talk for a moment and try see how long they can transmit, but for them, it’s an achievement."

I was talking on Bunbury Ch2 (I’m not sure what the call sign is) to one operator who says that one night when there was an inversion, he was having a three-way conversion with someone in Albany, and another in Geraldton all via the Bunbury 2 Repeater. What else is that the operator in Bunbury says that he switched to simplex obviously on Ch32, and he could hear the operator in Albany reasonably well, which is just incredible. I’m not sure is it was the same with the Geraldton operator.

I was talking on Bunbury Ch2 (im not sure what the call sign is) to one operator who says that one night when there was an inversion, he was having a three-way conversion with someone in Albany, and another in geraldton all via the Bunbury 2 Repeater. What else is that The operator in Bunbury says that he swiched to simplex ovoilsy on Ch32, and he could hear the operator in Albany reasonably well which is just incredalbe. im not sure is it was the same with the geradton operator.

My View on the
Last edited by slipknot on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

Long Way

Post by vk6hsv »

Sometimes People Think They Are Getting Into The Repeaters A Long Way Away But You May In Fact Only Be Keying It Up Enough To get It To Activate And Your Voice Is Not Being Transmitted At All.

Yea All The Retards, (No offence Wheels) from 8 etc come to 1 now since its the only repeater left in the metro area, apologies if you where making it and couldnt get through.

My longest simplex transmission was to a place called "Sunrise Dams" Out Past Kalgoorlie, And I get Simplex conversations to Geraldton and As Far South As Augusta On a regular basis. Not Bad from Wanneroo...

Since the ACMA dont care about CB Anymore or dont have the resources to police it the weeds have grown over a bit, my advice, get an 2m, 70cm with a licence of coarse at least if tehre is a problem there the ACMA are half obliged to do something because people pay to use the bands.
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Long Way

Post by vk6hgr »

vk6hsv wrote: Since the ACMA dont care about CB Anymore or dont have the resources to police it the weeds have grown over a bit, my advice, get an 2m, 70cm with a licence of coarse at least if tehre is a problem there the ACMA are half obliged to do something because people pay to use the bands.
Well, no. It's not because amateurs pay to use their bands, it's because unlicensed operation on them is illegal under the Radiocommunications Act, and the ACMA is tasked with enforcing the act. The amount of money amateurs pay for their license isn't a factor.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
PD224

Post by PD224 »

The one in geraldton may have been me, I think his name may have been Barry or Brian or something. I think he also may have been English, im not to sure though, it was a while ago now

EDIT::

Just realised this is an old topic, my bad.
FESA - Port Denison Sea Search & Rescue