commercial companies taking away our public cb frequencies!!

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

commercial companies taking away our public cb frequencies!!

Post by slipknot »

I think we should raise the issue that so many stupid rich companies are being stingy and using cheap CBs to make money and use for the company. worst of all, they blame US, the original users of CB when we go on their, or should i say our channels. Trukies, companys using channel 40 for road use, FINE, thats one example of CB Radio use.
Communities and CB organiseations like the UHF association, FINE.

hotels buying cheap doro radios and then calling the police even if we turn on our radio, NO!
and i must say, wikipedia is supporting us.

sporting recreation people who dont abide by the rules, use thier cheap cbs stingly and just jump on any channel they want, eg Channel 5. NO NO NO NO NO.

Children buying CBs and being annoying, meh.

commercial companies setting up UHF Tranciervers on top of thier buildings in perth with thier transmitt button constantly on to sqaush all the cb users who cant afford amature, NO!

multi million dollar coma[nies making cheap cb raidos for thier new invention of "super long range walkie talkies" Hello? Your making your stupid invention on our Frequencies you inconsiderat ******* NONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB Radio frequencies were allocated to us, the public for public use.

all those other bastards can go buy thier own commercial radios.

What do you guys all think?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

You raise an interesting point.

Of course the CBRS class licence says that "anybody" can use it. So there's probably no reason why any business can't use CBRS if they wanted. They just can't have any expectation that the frequency will be private and for their use only.

The ACMA has a pretty good fact sheet here, including the things that you can and can't do.

One of the problems I think is that some slightly dodgy radio comms companies might be selling radio systems to businesses and claiming that it's a "private channel" when it's not. The businesses then get rather cranky when people are transmitting on "their" frequency ...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Be nice if the ACMA actually bothered policing CBRS too.

Then it wouldnt be so full of dickheads and would actually be of use!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Fastlane wrote:Be nice if the ACMA actually bothered policing CBRS too.
In the whole, ACMA ignore CB. They only get strict on abuse of channel 5/35.

These days, with the foundation amateur license and cheap 5W VHF or UHF amateur handhelds around for less than $100, there's no reason not to get an amateur license :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Then it wouldnt be so full of dickheads and would actually be of use!
Everyone is claiming that thier going to trace people if they keep squashing but they never end up going ahead ith it. i think its about time someone did. if they did find who ever was doing annoying things, they shouldnt murdur them or stab them, i think that they should be confronted and warned that if they keep it up, thier address will be given out! :P

esspecially all the "KZs" out there!

i know one of my friends who will remain nameless had an incident where some guy dilibratly had his radio constiantly transmitting on the channel 1 repeater for about two days to the point where nobody could talk on it. He was really angry, so he got with his mates, and they tracked his location with one of those beams, and they found his house. i think it was all locked up but they could see his anntenna on his roof.
so they pulled it down and they could hear the guy inside yelling out to them. i think they got a pair of those large secateres or snips and snipped off his electrcitiy cable from the power lines. they also got a big massive kind of, ahh thers the word im looking for, sledge hammer and bashed his power box :shock: and yer then they left.

i tell you, channel 1 , they wont put up with that nonsense.
they will get you if you play around.

I dont know whas going on with channel 8. I mean i havnt heard any stories to do with channel 8 like the one above.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

vk6hgr wrote:
In the whole, ACMA ignore CB. They only get strict on abuse of channel 5/35.

These days, with the foundation amateur license and cheap 5W VHF or UHF amateur handhelds around for less than $100, there's no reason not to get an amateur license :-)
i would but im just not there yet conversation wise.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: commercial companies taking away our public cb frequenci

Post by dave »

slipknot wrote:I think we should raise the issue that so many stupid rich companies are being stingy and using cheap CBs to make money and use for the company. worst of all, they blame US, the original users of CB when we go on their, or should i say our channels. Trukies, companys using channel 40 for road use, FINE, thats one example of CB Radio use.
Communities and CB organiseations like the UHF association, FINE.

hotels buying cheap doro radios and then calling the police even if we turn on our radio, NO!
and i must say, wikipedia is supporting us.

sporting recreation people who dont abide by the rules, use thier cheap cbs stingly and just jump on any channel they want, eg Channel 5. NO NO NO NO NO.

Children buying CBs and being annoying, meh.

commercial companies setting up UHF Tranciervers on top of thier buildings in perth with thier transmitt button constantly on to sqaush all the cb users who cant afford amature, NO!

multi million dollar coma[nies making cheap cb raidos for thier new invention of "super long range walkie talkies" Hello? Your making your stupid invention on our Frequencies you inconsiderat ******* NONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB Radio frequencies were allocated to us, the public for public use.

all those other bastards can go buy thier own commercial radios.

What do you guys all think?
I'd hate to piss you off(glad im not rich) :shock: