Channel 8 Repeater Perth W.A

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I heard it's down for repairs, it's also under new ownership and apparently the guy who bought it (just a private buyer) said he will turn it back on for a week and if the shit continues he'll take it down and reprogram it for a commercial frequency and lease it to a company :)

So yeah.. .not sure when it's coming back up but it's going to be interesting.
vk6hsv
Amateur callsign: VK6HSV

YAH!

Post by vk6hsv »

YAH CH8 has been sold according to the ACMA Database to soemone called J Mills, It was recently re licenced for another year :( and is still registered to operate on the capita building.

Claude USED to run a LIPD device on VHF to talk directly into the repeater on a 152 Freq, I discovered it by sheer accident one night will scaning VHF during the call back. lol
Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try...
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Post by slipknot »

some guy called raymond who speaks really slowly gets really pissed off when some kid gets on thier and over powers everyone else giving false UHF updates and basicly broadcasting tat the uhf associ is being suied by acma for illigle tampering with the ch 8 repeater. hes done it 2 times now and each tiome he dose about 3 weeks later it gets shutdown somehow.
PRC-495

Re: Channel 8 Repeater Perth W.A

Post by PRC-495 »

Bill wrote:If its ok I just thought I'd start a thread here that has anything to do with the channel 8 repeater.

Anyway I'm Bill and I'm on there alot of the times. Most of the time I just listen.
I'm a CBer and from where I see it, channel 8 was basically just used an abused, it doesn't suprise me at all that the UHF Association took it down. From what I have been told, the repeater is coming back up however they are in the process of choosing another location. Hopefully somewhere that every idiot on his handheld in the city can't access it :!: Years ago it used to be located up in Kalamunda but was moved from there when ownership changed hands. It would do good to go back up there. :)
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Edit by admin: Inappropriate
vk6hsv

PER08

Post by vk6hsv »

PER08 OPERATIONAL

Under New management

http://www.nra.org.au
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

i remember there used to be a woman on there called helen who used to pick fights with people. then she would say to people " go back to channel 1 with all the other idiots" then when channel 8 shut down, she moved to channel 1.
I will not forgive her FOR THAT!
WHOS THE HIPACRIT NOW EH?
GO AWAY HELEN, YOU STUPID COUCH WOMAN!!!!!
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

LOL, and its hypocrite mate :roll:

I was talking to someone on the radio last night from Bunbury on channel 20, wasnt you was it?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

slipknot wrote:i remember there used to be a woman on there called helen who used to pick fights with people. then she would say to people " go back to channel 1 with all the other idiots" then when channel 8 shut down, she moved to channel 1.
I will not forgive her FOR THAT!
WHOS THE HIPACRIT NOW EH?
GO AWAY HELEN, YOU STUPID COUCH WOMAN!!!!!
she has the most annoying, high pitched voice ive ever heard, she picks
fights and sturs people up for the attention.
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

I hopped on channel 8 tonight, was fun. Someone was re-broadcasting a police scanner recording. Almost had us fooled until the P2 call time was 2130 when it was only 2100 :D
vk6hsv

Interference.

Post by vk6hsv »

Id Say That Might Be Some Bleed Through Your Getting. You Must Be Near A Cop Repeater?

Also

If you havent already become a member of The NRA Membership is only $12 a year (Longer meberships are available) and your membership fees go towards the cost of the rental of where the repeaters are currently located. The NRA is currently looking for any new members that can help out by becoming a member.
If UHF Operators wish to keep PER01 & PER08 operational in their current location then please help out.

Details are available on the web site http://www.nra.org.au

Thank you, Your help is greatly appreciated.

VK6HSV
President
The Northside Radio Association Inc. (NRA)