So i finally got a CB

For discussion of AM and UHF CB
Streetvision

So i finally got a CB

Post by Streetvision »

Yeah after like i dont know, a long time, i finally got one, gavin was there on the day.

And seem so my car has issues, (stalling and other various problems) i decided to mess around a bit, i got a power supply and a magnetic base mount and mounted it on the corner of my roof (i know not the best location) but it works, it works pretty well, i can get the wanneroo and perth repeater going.

I also finally got a decent chat to some people in to, altho there was one guy who was intent on squashing me.

And so far it's been pretty good, altho channel 1 is pretty quiet now days, it used to be packed full of people when i used to listen on my scanner, i mean i know its only turned on at night time, but its not often busy, unlike channel 8 which is a mess.

I guess i should go for my foundation licence now at least they wont squash me :P

I don't really know why im writing this post, i'm just bored i guess, and i hope to see some people on the forums on the radio even tho i really wouldent know who you are but it would be good to have a talk to you sometime.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

hi

taking into account your post was made in "06.

the wanneroo repeater (ch1) is quiet these days because of the way people act on there... although the majority of us are decent operators, there is always going to be the few tools on the side just wanting to destroy it for everyone.
for anyone , inclueding yourself , would like to just get on and have a chat just put in a friendly breaker when you heard a PRC station on ( eg. PRC-495 aka "495" or PRC-555 aka "555", PRC-666 aka "666", PRC-620 aka "620", PRC-072 aka "072"....ect.

and just remember try not to let the w@nkers destroy your CB radio expirience 8)
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote: and just remember try not to let the w@nkers destroy your CB radio expirience 8)
Well put.

When I first got my CB I spoke to some fantastic old folks on channel 17. Was good experience :)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

... and those same old folks are still chinwagging on 17. Well hopefully all of them are still there.

I have also noticed that Ch1 has been a lot quieter recently. I've even tried to get a bit of a convo happening when the channel is quiet and because people don't know me they don't really want to talk very much!

Hopefully we can get a bit more decent conversation happening, cause I know there are a lot of decent operators out there. It's just the idiots that cause people to turn off their radios...
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Bonez wrote:... and those same old folks are still chinwagging on 17. Well hopefully all of them are still there.

I have also noticed that Ch1 has been a lot quieter recently. I've even tried to get a bit of a convo happening when the channel is quiet and because people don't know me they don't really want to talk very much!

Hopefully we can get a bit more decent conversation happening, cause I know there are a lot of decent operators out there. It's just the idiots that cause people to turn off their radios...
Which is what I did, but if this is the case on Wednesday evenings I might be able to make a few guest appearances...possibly mondays too.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Bonez wrote:... and those same old folks are still chinwagging on 17. Well hopefully all of them are still there.

whats your call sign that you use bonez and what time do you pop on?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
PRC-495

Re: So i finally got a CB

Post by PRC-495 »

Streetvision wrote:Yeah after like i dont know, a long time, i finally got one, gavin was there on the day.

And seem so my car has issues, (stalling and other various problems) i decided to mess around a bit, i got a power supply and a magnetic base mount and mounted it on the corner of my roof (i know not the best location) but it works, it works pretty well, i can get the wanneroo and perth repeater going.

I also finally got a decent chat to some people in to, altho there was one guy who was intent on squashing me.

And so far it's been pretty good, altho channel 1 is pretty quiet now days, it used to be packed full of people when i used to listen on my scanner, i mean i know its only turned on at night time, but its not often busy, unlike channel 8 which is a mess.

I guess i should go for my foundation licence now at least they wont squash me :P

I don't really know why im writing this post, i'm just bored i guess, and i hope to see some people on the forums on the radio even tho i really wouldent know who you are but it would be good to have a talk to you sometime.
Never let the idiots on the CB wreck it for you. Just like lucas_arts said. Im a PRC member myself and along with all the other members, we try and welcome all the new CBers and teach them the ways of the band. If you ever hear one of us on, be sure to put in a breaker :)
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495