OzJet B737-200's

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

OzJet B737-200's

Post by written_ficton »

Does anyone know what is happening with the OzJet B737-200's that are sitting on the Tarmac at Perth Airport? [Over at the New WA Terminal Hardstand]

Obvious that they haven't moved for a while with the soft / flat tires.
I've closed the door!
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: OzJet B737-200's

Post by Blinky »

written_ficton wrote:Does anyone know what is happening with the OzJet B737-200's that are sitting on the Tarmac at Perth Airport? [Over at the New WA Terminal Hardstand]
There are a couple of stories around from 2009 about them suspending services. Could they have been there for that long?

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com. ... 17666.html

http://www.etravelblackboard.com/showar ... 2466&nav=2

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

I Believe and dont quote me but Ozjet Shutdown Perth Operations awhile ago but those three over in TWA Tarmac are out of airframe hrs so they cannot be flown anywhere the last one that could fly is at jandakot know

Hope that helps
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Boeta

Post by Boeta »

CASA cracked it big time when they moved that third one to Jandakot too. As a result they put a notice on the door of other two that they weren't allowed to be flown until CASA had approved.

As for their fate, well they are for sale by the current owners Red Cloud Assets LLC based in the USA, but the 2nd-hand market for 737-200's cannot be spectacular I wouldnt have thought. :(

Something tells me that they may be there for a lot longer...
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Had a close inspection the other day. They are certainly not flying out that is for sure.