General Aviation Discussion

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: General Aviation Discussion

Post by nachoman »

VH-BKV helicopter flying over the city each night as part of the Perth Festival 'Siren Song' event
https://www.perthfestival.com.au/event/siren-song
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHBKV
jamesbowers

Is DL under serving JFK/SFO business?

Post by jamesbowers »

I'm a DL flyer and going to SFO for a business trip in October. To my surprise, all business class on direct flights between JFK - SFO are sold out on DL. I even looked into 3Q/4Q of this year, 90% of the flights have their business cabins sold out. DL flies 757 with 16 D1 seats

Meanwhile, AA has plenty of C seats on their A321s on the same dates. They're using A321s with 20 C and 10F seats (Didn't search for F seats so not sure about their LF)

While AS also provide direct service between JFK/SFO, they do not have lie-flat seats.

Is DL underserving JFK/SFO route? Obviously, UA has EWR-SFO all wrapped up, but JFK-SFO still represents a significant market that DL can capitalize on - especially if their C cabins are consistently sold out. Does anyone have info on the premium cabin LFs for DL and AA?

Thoughts/Insights?
Nafenn

Re: Is DL under serving JFK/SFO business?

Post by Nafenn »

Hi James, Welcome to WARSUG.

Unfortunately the sales practices of US based carriers is a bit outside the scope of this forum, being based around Radio use in Western Australia.

If you have any questions or discussion on any Australian Carriers however we're happy to talk.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!