Virgin Australia

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Virgin Blue

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:Who said I worked for Qantas?

The information came from a seminar that I attended Monday, that was hosted by a airlines executive
Apologies I was to presume. From the pictures on here, I'd take a stab of a ground handling company.
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

I used to work for a ground handling company, now I work for an airline, however I wont be saying who, as airlines get nasty at people, I know a guy that got a new one torn by SQ for putting pix up on his Facebook of a Damaged A330 Cargo door.
written_ficton wrote:Unfounded comment. Unless you care to provide a relevant source of information? Nowhere has Virgin Blue claimed that the Business class is a knee jerk reaction because of profits. You will find out that this was on the cards as soon a JB came on board.

As i mentioned when I started the post, I had been to a seminar hosted by airline exec's, this was the information presented to us.
written_ficton wrote:And? Irrelevant to this conversation due to the fact that Qantas is what x 3/4 times the size of Virgin Blue? But you will find out that if you looked at the Profit Margin Qantas peforms badly against others.
How is it Irrelevant, when a post later you say this?
written_ficton wrote:This isn't a pissing contest, its a well involved conversation of the ins / outs of Australian Aviation and Qantas / Virgin Blue. I would believe that AO11912 will concur?
Not true about the Qantas group Profit margins, as we were told Monday, Qantas domestically outperformed all other airlines, this also on the back of the QF32 Incident.

Im sorry I dont have a link for you, I can only tell you what I heard
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

One of VB's A330 has landed in Melbourne on the VH rego and all white scheme. She looks mintox!
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:One of VB's A330 has landed in Melbourne on the VH rego and all white scheme. She looks mintox!
cool, apparently they are due to start test flights soon as they have finished fitting them out.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

VH-XFA
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

heya Guys We Recieved Some Information Might Be Useful

The New Paint Scheme Will Be Arriving On the A330 most of which is unknown only thing is that they air getting rid of the all red fuselage it will be White So Far.

The E170 Will Be Brought out of The Current operation for virgin blue Taking Under The New ATR-72 Which will be given some to skywest in Virgin Blue Colours

Here is an Extract of The Information:

"The "Blue" in Virgin Blue will disappear. A new airline name will be created. The two favourites are "Virgin Australia" and "Virgin Pacific". The new name will be released May when it is publicly announced with a brand new livery being adopted on the A330 aircraft.

The "Blue" in Virgin Blue will disappear. A new airline name will be created. The two favourites are "Virgin Australia" and "Virgin Pacific". The new name will be released May when it is publicly announced with a brand new livery being adopted on the A330 aircraft.

In regard to the brand new livery, the fuselage will no longer be painted red. Low Cost Airlines generally have brightly coloured aircraft to identify themselves. Virgin will feature a more traditional livery like that of Full Service Airlines. It has been made clear though that the new livery will not look like Qantas. The goal is to eventually combine all Virgin Blue Airlines into one. This is currently a challenge as Singapore Airlines owns 40% of Virgin Atlantic, and as such, no other airline can be identified as "Virgin" when travelling Internationally. This explains the "V Australia" and "Pacific Blue".

A new Business Class has been revealed. Qantas have claimed an introduction of their International 747 aircraft into the Sydney-Perth sector with International Skybeds that their "competitor" simply cannot match. This was in reference to a 60inch pitch offered by Qantas. In response to this, Virgin's new Business Class boasts a 62inch pitch business class seat for the A330 aircraft. It is expected that a similar business class will eventually be rolled out with the Boeing 737 aircraft (of which 50 aircraft have been ordered).

In regard to aircraft, most of you are aware that the E170 aircraft is not working effectively for Virgin and as such, the aircraft type is being sold. This is only the E170 model. The E190 model is proving successful, particularly in WA for the IntraWA services. The Airbus A330 is due to start first flights in May (painted in the brand new livery). Currently Virgin has 4 aircraft on order. However, it has been made clear that further A330 orders will be announced shortly as part of the expansion with the larger aircraft type. So expect to see a larger number of these aircraft in the coming 12-18 months.
Domestically, the agreement with Skywest will introduce a fleet of ATR-72 turboprop aircraft for destinations out of Sydney and Perth. The Sydney to Canberra route will see these aircraft replace the current E170s. The aircraft will be wetleased through Skywest, adopting the new Virgin livery. The crew will be Skywest Airlines crew wearing the Virgin uniforms. It would be similar to that of Qantas with Cobham to form QantasLink.

More Information To Come Guys ill keep You Posted
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

For those who were at the airport today, Virgin Blue's white A330 landed approx 1.25pm this afternoon.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:For those who were at the airport today, Virgin Blue's white A330 landed approx 1.25pm this afternoon.
that would be bloody right... my day off and thats when it comes in.

Fingers crossed its still in town tomorrow (probably not)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

I was On Shift tonight There Was NO!! Virgin Blue A330 landed might of been another one but not virgin blue
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:For those who were at the airport today, Virgin Blue's white A330 landed approx 1.25pm this afternoon.
Not to be confused with the two South African A340's getting around in all White (ex Iberia), which lands at that time of day....

Nathan127 wrote:I was On Shift tonight There Was NO!! Virgin Blue A330 landed might of been another one but not virgin blue
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

you were on evening shift. This happened at 1:20PM in the afternoon. All white and its an A330-200, two engines...
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:you were on evening shift. This happened at 1:20PM in the afternoon. All white and its an A330-200, two engines...

That doesn mean the evening shift doesn't start at midday.

There us nothing on jetspotters about it.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

There was an all white A330 (I think) at Melbourne last weekend, parked up next to one of the AFL liveried jets. Too far away and dark to see whose it was.

would the All-Whites be the All-Blacks playing in a clash strip?
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

The all whites are the new Zealand soccer team

Correct VH-XFA A330-200 landed Avalon air show weekend Saturday around 9am
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

ZS-SXG as SAA 280 arrived at the gate at 13:25 yesterday

ZS-SXG