Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Virgin Blue

Post by written_ficton »

Nafenn wrote:
written_ficton wrote:A ULD is a type of pre mix alcohol drink aswell, so it could have been confused that DJA330 was bringing a belly load of Alcohol.
Dont you mean UDL?
Damn, your awake. :lol:
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:I know EXACTLY what ULDs are considering i spent the last week loading and unloading them. The reason i posted "baggage containers" was to avoid the possible question "what is a ULD?"
Presactly and excisely. I know that if Nafenn had posted "ULD", I'd have been asking that question. After all, this is a scanner forum not an aviation forum where such acronyms might be more widely understood. I think "baggage container" was an appropriate description under the circumstances.

All good communicators know that you need to deliver your message in a way that the listener (or in this case, reader) will understand. If you leave a conversation not having understood half of what was said, has effective communication actually taken place?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Nafenn wrote:UPDATE:

The Virgin Blue A330 is currently in Sydney. It will be flying from Sydney to Perth on saturday the 9th of april, arriving around 9am (I believe bay 17 at this point or possibly bay 19 - if it is on 19, it will be a good photo opp from the Upstairs observation deck). At some point in the morning it will be towed over to the remote bays at the international terminal. On sunday morning it will be towed back over to the domestic side, and i believe it will be departing perth at approximatley 3pm heading back t6o sydney.

The craft will be empty except for crew, however it will be full of empty baggage containers for ground handlers in perth.

There is still no word on when it will be entering service.
Another update:

The 330 is now due in at 1830 on saturday, and will be on 17 untill 2200, when it will be towed to bay 60. it is scheduled to depart around 1530-1600 on sunday
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:
AO11912 wrote:http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/0 ... ue-livery/

baggage containers = Unit Load Devices = ULD's :wink:
Hey kirk,

I know EXACTLY what ULDs are considering i spent the last week loading and unloading them. The reason i posted "baggage containers" was to avoid the possible question "what is a ULD?"

:wink:
Hi Nafenn, at no point did i say you were wrong, so i dont know why you are being so defensive...

26th of May is the day Virgin has announced its start date for revenue flights.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/virgin-bl ... 3746200154
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Inbound Perth

VH-XFA
Times shown in UTC
Call sign Type Land Gate DEP Status
VOZ9061 A332 10:45 10:55 YSSY In Flight

Economy Seat

Virgin's Newest 737 VH-YCF will feature a new 'sky interior'
http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/wings ... r-737.html
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

VH-XFA is currently in perth on bay 60.

i believe that it is being towed to 19 tomorrow around 8am, and will remain there until it departs (not sure when).

Rumour has it that XFB will be coming to perth in a couple of weeks aswell (the second A330 that vb has leased)
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Boeta

Post by Boeta »

Were any of the regulars here lucky enough to get an opportunity to have a look on board XFA?
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

No one would be allowed on board.

The guys that work for Virgin on the east coast, Pilots, Flight Attendants, and any one else that needs to be on board have signed a NDA (non disclosure agreement) about the interior of this aircraft.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

I'd say that there probably were people allowed on board, but as Kirk mentions, they probably aren't allowed to talk about it. My guess would be that local executives etc from Virgin, maybe some publicity people, etc. Who knows :)

It is very dark.
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

Heya Guys

Yes You Need To Sign A Waiver Saying that you will not disclose anything about the aircraft, But Saying that there is certain people from the ground handling companies and WAC Duty Manager have the power to allow someone to go see the interior.

I Have Seen The Inside of the A330 because one of the above people put myself and some others on the VIP list to go see inside the aircraft but that is all I Can say

NaFenn: VH-XFB I was under the impression There was only one in the Country
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

So when do the rest of us get to see it? :) It sounds great and can only be good for air travel in Aust.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

dlcat1 wrote:So when do the rest of us get to see it? :) It sounds great and can only be good for air travel in Aust.
towards the end of may, the aircraft enters regular service Perth - Sydney.

Because i was involved in the A330 project in perth, i was able to have a look inside. however i am not allowed to post any information about the aircraft either.
Nathan Fenn

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

That's fine, the rest of us shall just speculate.

I'm going to guess that they've pulled out Business Class and put in an 80's disco type dance floor instead, complete with mirror ball...

:P

It is very dark.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Zebedee wrote:That's fine, the rest of us shall just speculate.

I'm going to guess that they've pulled out Business Class and put in an 80's disco type dance floor instead, complete with mirror ball...

I wish we could 'like' posts on here :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Zebedee wrote:That's fine, the rest of us shall just speculate.

You should see it, absolutely bliss

Zebedee your close... you forgot the fog mist....
I've closed the door!