written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Virgin Blue

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:ZS-SXG as SAA 280 arrived at the gate at 13:25 yesterday

ZS-SXG

http://img1.pictaero.com/2010/10/27/s/102809.jpg
Hmmm, must have been that one, however I do believe I was told porkies!
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote: Hmmm, must have been that one, however I do believe I was told porkies!
So did you see it or were you told.

written_ficton wrote:you were on evening shift. This happened at 1:20PM in the afternoon. All white and its an A330-200, two engines...
Cause this makes it sound like you saw it...
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

So did you see it or were you told.

I was told by a good friend who is non aviation geek who was flying out to east coast at that time. I am happy to put my hand up and say that I was told a porkie and was fed incorrect information.
I've closed the door!
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

Heya Guys Some More Updates

They Have Put Everything In Place For The A330 Arrival Been Told By Aerocare 2 weeks They Have Put A33-200 marking on 17,19,20 So Bay 17 Will Be Its Primary Bay Which Will Make 18 Unuseable And Restrict Bay 16 To E190 Only

Also The New Aerobridges Will Not Be In Place For The First Arrival Of The A330 but the Extended Upstairs Departures Lounge Is Done And Are Commencing On The Update Of The Other Side Of The Departures Lounge

Thats All For Know Keep You Posted Guys
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Nathan, Bay 17A is on a angle (nose pointing more north) along with Bay 19A and 20A, all point in the same direction. Also the demolition of the old tower is starting to speed up now that the asbestos is now gone.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:Nathan, Bay 17A is on a angle (nose pointing more north) along with Bay 19A and 20A, all point in the same direction. Also the demolition of the old tower is starting to speed up now that the asbestos is now gone.
Noticed today that they have sprinklers and hoses on the demolished parts, im guessing this is a "just incase", and keeping dust down.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nathan127

Post by Nathan127 »

Heya Guys

From A Meeting With WAC The Old Tower Is Supposed to be Nearly Completely gone by the end of the weekend

Helitak Yes The Bays Are On An Angle I Am Unsure as To The Reasons For This But I Will Find Out For You Guys
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The bays are on a angle to cater for the wingspan and length of the A332, so it does not impinge on the associated taxyway.
Nathan127

Post by Nathan127 »

But The Qantas One Fit Just Fine What Is Different Between Them And The Ours Just A Question
Nathan

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Nathan127 wrote:But The Qantas One Fit Just Fine What Is Different Between Them And The Ours Just A Question
T3 has shorter and narrower bays than T2
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

UPDATE:

The Virgin Blue A330 is currently in Sydney. It will be flying from Sydney to Perth on saturday the 9th of april, arriving around 9am (I believe bay 17 at this point or possibly bay 19 - if it is on 19, it will be a good photo opp from the Upstairs observation deck). At some point in the morning it will be towed over to the remote bays at the international terminal. On sunday morning it will be towed back over to the domestic side, and i believe it will be departing perth at approximatley 3pm heading back t6o sydney.

The craft will be empty except for crew, however it will be full of empty baggage containers for ground handlers in perth.

There is still no word on when it will be entering service.
Nathan Fenn

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/0 ... ue-livery/

baggage containers = Unit Load Devices = ULD's :wink:
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/0 ... ue-livery/

baggage containers = Unit Load Devices = ULD's :wink:
Hey kirk,

I know EXACTLY what ULDs are considering i spent the last week loading and unloading them. The reason i posted "baggage containers" was to avoid the possible question "what is a ULD?"

:wink:
Nathan Fenn

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

A ULD is a type of pre mix alcohol drink aswell, so it could have been confused that DJA330 was bringing a belly load of Alcohol.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:A ULD is a type of pre mix alcohol drink aswell, so it could have been confused that DJA330 was bringing a belly load of Alcohol.
Dont you mean UDL?
Nathan Fenn