Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Perth airport works 2011

Post by Infernal »

Information on Perth airport works

The latest cycle of Jeppesen indicate 4 stages of works starting in December

Description of works
This method of working plan involves the asphalt resurfacing of taxiways D1 J1 J2 and A1, reconstruction and resurfacing of Taxiway W, resurfacing of runway 06 threshold, construction of Taxiway V east of RWY 06/24 (partial construction), construction of new taxiway A extension (between J2 and D1) and removal of inoperative TWY D2. A six week full 24 hour closure of RWY 06/24 will apply from the commencement of stage 3 to the end of the works. Stage 4 works will involve night work. Disruption to aircraft operations is expected.

Stage 1 and 2 are works on extension ofTWY W, and TWY A to join TWY D1
Stage 3 is TWY D1 intersection with H2 and H3, and RWY 06/24, TWY W and A Extension Duration 3 weeks commencing EST 31 JAN 11, during which RWY 06/24 will be closed.
Stage 4 RWY 06/24 works, Resurfacing of J1 J2 and A1, Removal of inoperative TWY D2, TWY A Extension Commencement EST 21 FEB 11

EST Completion date 11 MAR 11

Airport Diagram of works
http://docs.google.com/gview?url=http:/ ... /works.pdf
Nafenn

Re: Perth airport works 2011

Post by Nafenn »

Some minor Construction works on bay 17 today: new cement... don't know why, but they re-paved the grassed area in the middle:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-31.934406,1 ... d=20110108
Last edited by Infernal on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bay 17 not 7 :)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

It's for the Virgin A332 (bay 17 ext)
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

I asked the guys working on it today, and they told me that it was for Extended GSE storage (Ground Servicing Equiptment for those playing at home)
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

well that has me buggered. I have spoken to a few safety officers and they have all said for the a330.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Helitak_670 wrote:well that has me buggered. I have spoken to a few safety officers and they have all said for the a330.

They were using the Bay again this morning, had a Fokker 100 on it.
Boeta

Post by Boeta »

Helitak_670 wrote:well that has me buggered. I have spoken to a few safety officers and they have all said for the a330.
You're both correct, its to allow the A330 pushback tug to park with adequate repositioning room/GSE storage
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/8935487/history-bows-to-new-airport-era/ wrote: History bows to new airport era

Nearly 50 years of aviation history started to come down yesterday to make way for new taxiways for the the expansion of Perth Airport.

Over the next two months, the old control tower, built in 1961, will be dismantled carefully so as not to create dust and debris that can be ingested into aircraft engines.

Perth Airport will use the area for new taxiways to allow for the movement of wide-body A330 and Boeing 747s which currently cannot taxi past the tower because of the big wingspan.

This problem causes considerable delays on departure and arrival from the domestic terminal depending on wind conditions.

The full article can be read via the link above.

Geoff
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Finally!
Nathan Fenn

Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

Heya Guys

As You May Know The New Aerobridges for 19-20 Are Well Underway They are built off station and are being placed once fully built i decided to share with you guys the plan for the Aerobridges For Discussion

Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

I saw construction had started, interesting they are missing out BAY 18.

Also that would mess up the numbering inside the terminals, AFIAIK from my last flight the Island where the Dual Aerobridges for bay 19, are labeled inside gates 25-33 (not 100% sure on the actual numbers)
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

They Are Leaving Out 18 Due To The A330 Gouig On 17 It Will Wipe Out !8 Completely S They Cannot Have An Aerobridge
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Taxiway A Extension is Complete and now in use, Delete H2 H1 and F

Taxiway V Extension from RWY 06 to A and then 21 and then C is partially completed

Taxiway A is now A for the full length, Delete A1 A2 and A3 segments

Taxiway D1 is now D only delete D1 and D2, D2 Segment to be removed