Aviation Discussions

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Perth January February March Movements

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:
AO11912 wrote:As for Fokker 50's i doubt it, the press release at work said they were buying newer more fuel efferent quieter aircraft, which is why the Q400 comes to mind, as Fokkers are no longer produced, I dont see how they can buy new ones.

BTW = Regarding spare parts, with the Dash 8 equipment being easier to obtain is total false!
How can you confirm this?

And you still haven't confirmed the ATR's for DJ, yet you seem to be pretty confident with your information that even people in the aviation industry dont know...

We have 3 Dash 8 operators in Perth, and no ATR operators, clearly there is going to be better support for the Dash 8 than the ATR in Perth.
Infernal

Re: Aviation Discussions

Post by Infernal »

Please continue discussion here.

Please keep it on topic.

This topic is not confined to the DJ XR discussion that has been going on, if you have some info please let us know.

Please be realistic, if you heard something as a rumor, then say so.

If you want to make posts where the text of your post imply's that it is a definite happening, please provide a Link to the news announcements, or what ever.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

ATR have been pushing hard to get their product [either the -500series or the newly developed -600 series] into Australia, Macair was a pure example of the eagerness that ATR has to get the aircraft into the Australian market and had additional aircraft on the way before they went belly up.

Rumour has it through the leasing companies that ATR are pushing hard to win this contract of DJ's. Considering the fact that ATR have an office in Singapore - gives credible source that they are serious in getting more aircraft in Australia / Pacific Rim. Although it is a rumour, its a credible one, especially considering the talk that is happening around aviation circles.

The pure example is that ATR still make the 50 / 66 aircraft which would perfect fit into DJ's plans. It's alright putting 70 odd seats on a route, if you can make it work!

Bombardier only now make the Q400 aircraft - with ATR still doing the 42/72 aircraft. Just look at Qantas Link, they operate 37 / 50 / 77 seats on different routes.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Time will tell what will be used.

I just hope whatever is used has a bigger cargo hold than the F100s!
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:Time will tell what will be used.

Your comparing apples to bananas

ATR's Cargo is in the front, passengers board from the rear...
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:ATR's Cargo is in the front, passengers board from the rear...
and.... the ride is always usually smoother at the rear of the aircraft.

Have you ever flown in one?
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:
Nafenn wrote:Time will tell what will be used.

Your comparing apples to bananas

ATR's Cargo is in the front, passengers board from the rear...
Well excuse me for not being psycic involving an aircraft i have never actually seen in opperation before ;)

Atleast the 50's are like that and easy to stack (well, they have a hold front and back)
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

just thank yourself Nafeen that your not stuffing bags in a ERJ135/145!!! The are some tight spaces, its like being in tight pants!
I've closed the door!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Apparently the ATRs require a tail stand when the passengers board and the cargo needs to go in before they load, wikipedia told me.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:just thank yourself Nafeen that your not stuffing bags in a ERJ135/145!!! The are some tight spaces, its like being in tight pants!
oh i dont know... the F100s dont even have room to be on hands and knees ;)
Nathan Fenn